G & J Site Solutions, Inc. is seeking a qualified Project Manager/Estimator for their Calumet Offices. The Project Manager/Estimator will be responsible to estimate and prepare bids, plan and coordinate awarded projects, obtain proper documents, evaluate and determine appropriate construction methods, manage costs, maintain time tables and other related duties associated with the process of locating new projects; from bidding to the successful completion of the project. Qualified candidates for this role will posses a four year construction management or civil engineering degree. two or more years of experience estimating and managing commercial/private construction projects. G & J Site Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive wage ($45,000 - $60,000), excellent benefits and a professional work environment.
Communication: Good communication skills both oral and written when working with all levels of management and employees, external vendors and other business associates. Must clearly communicate directions and information. Speaks effectively before groups as well as individuals. Must have good interpersonal skills.
Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or 2 plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Computer Skills: Must have experience with Microsoft Windows, spreadsheets, word processing and email applications (preferably Microsoft applications). Must have the ability to learn estimating and project management software.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Must know standard conversions used in the construction industry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Driver’s License
Physical Demands: Seldom lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds. Often required to sit, stand, walk, bend knees, stretch arms, talk and hear. Occasionally required to stoop, or kneel.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions on the job. Employee is generally exposed to minimal noise level, most often in a typical office environment and/or in a vehicle. This position may also require site visits, which could result in potential exposure to loud noise (construction site) and variable weather conditions including rain, snow, cold and heat. Requires 8 to 10 hour work days with occasional weekends.
1) Responsible to seek out/complete bid opportunities for the company through client relationships, network opportunities, public/private postings, assigned bid opportunities, job forecasting, etc.
2) Estimates projects for bid submittals by: reviewing plan and specifications, calculating quantities, gathering quotes and submittals, constructing the bid and creating the bid submittal in a timely manner.
3) Manages time effectively to complete accurate bid preparations to meet submittal deadlines.
4) Coordinates pre-construction meetings for projects awarded to ensure communication and coordination between project managers, field and office support. Works with operations staff to coordinate appropriate construction methods and staffing needs.
5) Obtains necessary permits, Submittals, Utility Locates, Material Inventories, quantity review
6) Manages costs by tracking labor and materials.
7) Manage monthly billing, work completed vs "to be Completed Schedule", quantity review, progress meeting, billing review and closeout documents.
8) Communicates and is responsible to work with appropriate staff to meet any and all EEO/DBE project requirements.
9) Works to ensure all aspects of project are met safely, on/under budget and in the appropriate time frame allowed.
10) Uses appropriate resources to troubleshoot any project issues that may arise.
11) Seeks approval for all project change orders (before work is completed) and manages changes to the scope of work to maintain profitability.
12) Coordinates efforts and communication with the project owner/general contractor to work toward safe and timely project completion and adjust project scope of work and timelines as needed.
13) Develop and maintain good working relationships with current clients; responsible to create relationships with potential future clients.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year