Supervise manufacturing operation of assigned department by implementing operation strategies that guide an assigned department to achieve business results; primarily focused on working with department leadership (leads) and employees to achieve production and quality goals while maintaining a safe working environment at all times.
– Develop department leadership and employees through day-to-day coaching and providing constructive feedback
– Foster an environment of continuous improvement by inspiring employees to problem solve within their locus of control in their work cell.
– Establishing a culture of accountability by addressing employee behaviors that are counter to a productive, energizing environment.
– Ensuring employees are offered opportunities of job rotation, cross-training and personal development.
- Production of Components or Assemblies
– Meet or exceed production schedules with optimum use of crewing and resource allocation on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
– Ownership of operating a safe working environment, including timely accident investigations and on-the-spot rectification of safety hazards.
– Holding leads and employees accountable for operating a safe environment.
– Maintaining processes, products and services of high standards established by company quality objectives.
– Working through leads and employees to ensure equipment producing products that meet specifications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including coaching and mentoring
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understands the Mcell operating system and how it relates to the large organization
- Positive work attitude and able to hold others accountable for their actions, behaviors and attitudes
- Willing to challenge the status quo in an expert-level environment
- 3-5 Years of progressive management/supervisor/lead experience (preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work with various manufacturing and office-based technology systems, including ERP and Microsoft programs
- Monday – Friday from 5:30am to 2:00pm, including time beyond standard hours when day shift is working overtime (extra hours Monday – Friday, including Saturdays if needed)
- Able to stand and walk for up to 12 hours a day
- Able to occasionally lift 75 pounds
- Able to travel to other locations up to 5% of the time