PACU Nurse(Job Number: 00048-8501)
Work Location: United States-California-Thousand Oaks-Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: Nursing - Professional
Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center
is a licensed 404 bed acute care facility. Fully accredited by the Joint Commission, Los Robles Hospital has the only Level II Trauma Center in Eastern Ventura County and the only Emergency Room in both Los Angeles and Ventura counties coveted EDAP (Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics) rating. In addition, it is the only hospital certified by both counties as a STEMI designated heart attack center for rapid heart attack response and is a certified Primary Stroke Center. With over 600 physicians on its medical staff, representing over 50 medical specialties, Los Robles is proud to be the community’s most trusted resource for health and a regional destination for care.
The Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) registered nurse reports directly to the unit Clinical Manager, and is responsible and accountable for the delivery of patient care through the utilization of the nursing process in accordance with the California Nursing Practice Act, physicians’ orders, established policies and procedures, established professional (ASPAN – American Society of Perianesthesia Nurses) standards, and administrative hospital-wide policies.
Reports To: Clinical Manager
- Current RN License by the Board of Nurse Examiners State of California.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BCLS required or American Red Cross Professional Rescuer CPR card.
- Current American Heart Association ACLS card required.
- Current American Heart Association PALS Provider or Instructor card preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- BSN desired.
- Passing score of at least 80% on the Los Robles Regional Medical Center pharmacology exam.
- The RN working in specialty units/departments completes additional training and education through the orientation process and competency assessment.
- An extended orientation may be available for the RN not meeting all job experience requirements.