Testing Services supports the educational mission of Bridgewater State University by providing students and members of the southeastern Massachusetts community with high quality testing and assessment services that aid in the pursuit of academic and professional excellence. As a subscriber to the National College Testing Association’s (NCTA) Professional Standards and Guidelines, we aim to provide a secure, efficient, and comfortable testing environment.
Located in the Academic Achievement Center on the ground floor of the Clement C. Maxwell Library, Testing Services offers the southeastern Massachusetts, New England, and BSU student community a variety of academic and professional exams.
We are an active member of the National College Testing Association (NCTA) and participate in their Consortium of College Testing Centers (CCTC) program. Currently, we offer the following exams and exam programs:
- FAA Knowledge Exams
- PSI Certification Exams
- Placement Tests
- Correspondence Exams
Test Proctors will serve Testing Services to check in computer and paper-based test candidates according to Testing Services’ and our vendors’ protocol, which includes, but is not limited to, collecting test fees; checking and verifying identification; preparing test stations; printing score reports; and other duties as assigned. Test administrators work collaboratively with Academic Achievement Center staff in the development and implementation of processes necessary to support the mission and accomplish the goals of the department and the university
Position Type Temporary
1. Schedule appointments, maintain office filing, forms, and testing materials
2. Answer phone calls and promptly respond to voicemail and e-mail
3. Provide test information, monitor test candidates/ test room and answer candidates’ general questions
4. Document and report test irregularities and cheating incidents
5. Interact with off-site technical support teams to troubleshoot technical problems during testing
6. Ensure customer confidentiality and test security
7. Maintain a professional attitude and attire
8. Perform additional administrative tasks as assigned
9. Some evening and weekend hours are required
1. Associate degree.
2. Minimum of one year professional office experience; experience in higher education preferred.
3.Strong customer service skills.
4. Availability to work evenings and Saturdays as required by Testing Coordinator.
5. Strong computer skills and a demonstrated history of working closely with information technology.
6. Web, e-mail, Microsoft Office, and general knowledge of computer hardware and software.
7. Detail-oriented, well-organized, outgoing, and ability to work independently and collaboratively.
8. Ability to remain calm and act professionally during high-stress and busy situations.
9. Comfort interacting with university students, faculty, and staff members.
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Experience working in a higher education setting.
Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities.
Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 5 pounds.
Special Conditions for Eligibility
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
Hourly Rate (Non-Exempt) $15.00
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number T00715P
Application Review Start Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
- a minimum of one (1) employment history entry.