Box is a lot more than just file storage, syncing and sharing. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. Our product offers many features to companies that enable them to trust Box with their most sensitive content and make them productive within and outside their organization. This is where Box thrives and what differentiates us from competition. We are changing the way people work at a global scale.
Why the Enterprise team needs you
The Enterprise team is innovates on mission critical capabilities that some of our largest customers rely on. We are building features that allow customers to set up, track and manage all their work in one place in an efficient and pleasant way. We are also building features that allow some of our customers meet regulatory compliance requirements. Additionally, we are looking for folks that enjoy empowering Box administrators leverage the platform to extract more business value for their organizations. We are looking for people to join our team to work closely with our product and other engineering teams to define the future of our productand its architecture.
As part of the Enterprise Team, you will have a chance to disrupt and leverage your passion for Front End Engineering in the following areas:
- Admin Experience - leverage insights to make better decisions for their organizations via AI/ML powered dashboards and reports, initiate product & feature customizations, and management of their user and group collaborations, among other capabilities
- Workflow - help build a mission-critical platform to help customers power their business processes. We are building features that allow customers to set up, track and manage all their work in one place in an efficient and pleasant way
- Governance - innovations in how we enable our customers to define legal holds, retention management, and security classifications for our customers that work in highly regulated industries
Why Box needs you
We are looking for engineers with passion for building out user-facing features that are able to handle complex use-cases in a robust and easy-to-use way. We are specifically focusing on building the best user experience to help customers re-define how they work. As an engineer in the Enterprise team, you will join a small, diverse, fast-paced, full-stack team that works together to build new, easy-to-use capabilities that helps Box's customers get their work done faster and meet their regulatory compliance use cases with ease. You will work across teams to design and implement capabilities that power mission-critical use-cases in a future-proof way.
Why you need Box
You are going to have the unique opportunity to influence and build the next generation of Box Enterprise offerings. In additional to influencing the technical vision for the team, you will also influence the product and design vision. You will build out completely new capabilities into our Box offering. At Box, we strive to foster a culture of transparency and inclusiveness, we aim to execute quickly, and we are committed to doing the right thing for our end users. We value team members who are lifelong learners, passionate about continuous improvement for themselves and for the team around them. You'll join a highly collaborative scrum team that is very passionate about the Enterprise mission. You'll have an opportunity to drive impactful feature development from the beginning to the end. And the work you'll do will directly impact the experience of our 40 million+ users.
What you'll be responsible for
- You'll drive architectural, product and technological decisions for user and admin facing features
- You'll influence our team's processes and execution methods
- You'll coach and mentor other engineers and teams
- You'll develop high-quality code
- You'll collaborate with other senior members of our staff to define our technical strategy for Box application
Who you are
- You have 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- You understand much of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching)
- You have an academic background in computer science or a related field
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- Flexibility to work across a diverse set of Enterprise offerings
- You have some experience with React
- Server-side experience building orchestration endpoints
- You contribute to developer communities like StackOverflow and GitHub
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
Find out about our engineering team
- Tech blog (http://tech.blog.box.com/ ( http://tech.blog.box.com/ ))
- Open source projects (http://opensource.box.com/ ( http://opensource.box.com/ ))
- Developer Platform: https://developers.box.com/ ( https://developers.box.com/ )
Follow us at www.twitter.com/BoxEng ( http://www.twitter.com/BoxEng ) and www.youtube.com/boxeng ( http://www.youtube.com/boxeng ).
Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE: BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com. ( http://www.box.com./ )