Vitus Energy LLC, d/b/a Vitus Marine, is an Alaska based, marine distributor of refined petroleum products. Vitus operates 5-7 vessel sets in Alaska as well as several shoreside terminal operations. See http://vitus-energy.com/ for more company information.
The controller position covers a broad spectrum of duties, disciplines, and responsibilities that require a combination of management skills, education, and experience. The position includes all areas of finance and accounting including billing, A/P, P/R, inventory control, finance, budgeting, excise tax reporting, cash management, and audit management.
- Supervise 3 Anchorage based accountants
- Manage the audit process
- Budget preparation
- Cash forecasting
- Review and supervise employee workflow
- Tax return preparation (720/941/940/State Motor Fuel/City Taxes)
- Oversee the Human Resource paperwork function including health insurance and COBRA reporting
- Process payroll
- Help manage fuel systems
- Help manage bank reporting requirements
- This position reports to the President.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the accounting field with supervisor responsibility
- Energy, transportation industry, or refined fuel experience preferred.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree.
- CPA preferred
- Requires longer hours in summer ice free season.
- Job is based in Anchorage, AK.
- Must have worked for no more than 2 employers in the last 5 years, or 3 employers in the last 7 years
- Must be currently living in Alaska
Salary DOE. Competitive 401K and health insurance package. Equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $110,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year
- accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts