**Before Applying for the position, please ensure all information in your resume is accurate and up-to-date. Resumes with gaps or missing information will not be considered. Please make sure to meet the requirements below:
- A comprehensive list of all your previous jobs, including those obtained through temp agencies.
- Correct start and end dates (in month and year format) for each job.
- A detailed description of your skills, experiences, and daily tasks for each role.
- Information on certifications, licenses, educational qualifications, and the correct dates of obtaining or graduation.
· 2nd Shift (Mon - Fri 2 pm - 10 pm)
· 3rd Shift (Sun - Thurs 10 pm - 6 am)
McCormick & Company, Inc., a global leader in the spice, flavor, and seasonings industry, is seeking a full-time Distribution Technician I. This new hire will work at the Maryland Logistics Center (MLC) in Sparrow's Point, MD. The Distribution Technician I will report to a Warehouse Team Manager.
Under the general supervision of the Team Manager, the Distribution Technician is responsible for:
· Picking/packing/staging all customer orders promptly (measured through Labor Management System – LMS) and accurately while operating material handling equipment (motorized pallet jack).
· Operating a variety of material handling equipment, including standup reach type equipment and sit-down fork trucks and a variety of industrial equipment, including push-off machines, wrappers, pallet dispensers, and pallet flippers.
· Accurate data input and documentation.
· General warehouse duties, including put-away, line replenishment, wrapping, loading, and unloading.
· Actively participating in team meetings and special projects as required.
· Material handling equipment or heavy industrial equipment experience.
· Accurate clerical and numerical skills, ability to read, interpret, and follow complex procedures.
· Ability to successfully learn to operate a variety of equipment, including a motorized pallet jack and battery charging systems.
· Ability to work in an environment where performance against specific standards is constantly measured.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Ability to work overtime frequently or on short notice.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds or more repetitively.
· Ability to work in extreme temperatures.
· High School diploma or equivalency.
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in order selection, warehousing, or inventory.
· PC experience and SAP knowledge.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs, and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays, and vacations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Forklift: 1 year (Required)
- Warehouse distribution: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person