Provides daily supervisory responsibilities for the Cardiac Cath Lab and Non-Invasive Cardiology Services (NICS) department and the personnel assigned to each. Responsibilities include scheduling of personnel, coordination of daily work flow, implement processes to improve and facilitate efficient room turnover, coordinate the assignment of inpatient beds for patients seen in the Cath Lab/NICS department and assures open and timely communication with physicians concerning procedure start times, anticipated delays, etc. Assists in the orientation and performance evaluation processes for employees in those departments.
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements -
- Graduate from an accredited Nursing program - Bachelor's Degree required;
- Current Registered Nurse license to practice in the State of Texas;
- Current BLS and ACLS certifications from the American Heart Association;
- Current certification in specialized nursing discipline preferred (CCRN, CERN, CORN, etc.)
- 2 plus years supervisory experience in a Cardiac Cath and Electrophysiology Labs offering a full range of diagnostic and interventional Cath/EP procedures. Charge nurse or supervisor experience with the areas will be considered