Full Job Description
- Must be an Electrical Engineer, prefer P.E. but be able to get in a few years.
- Must have excellent skills in controls & programming.
- Having a good power background is a big plus.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- The Ammonia Controls Engineer (?€?Engineer?€?) will be responsible for the development of Dual Temp's EMS controls hardware and programming; along with integrating this with customers' existing ammonia refrigeration systems.
- This position will serve as Dual Temp Clauser's expert on ammonia refrigeration and Thermal systems, specifically system design, mechanical and electrical control architecture, and operating requirements.
- As such, the Engineer will be required to visit prospective customer sites to survey existing ammonia refrigeration systems to develop a controls integration strategy, design specifications, and estimate cost for the installation.
- This position will manage the execution of the final design and installation, which will be performed by qualified refrigeration contractors.
- The position will work with Dual Temp's Engineering team to develop refrigeration load models using the characteristics of a customer's refrigeration system to forecast potential energy savings from Clauger's EMS technology.
- The Engineer will coordinate controls hardware and programming with the Controls and Software Development teams to ensure seamless integration.
- Also, the position will work with the Sales and Construction (Operation) teams to manage the critical milestones for sales installations.
- Skills and Experience
- 10+ years' experience with Ammonia refrigeration systems; specifically, industrial ammonia refrigeration
- Familiar with mechanical and electrical design elements of Ammonia refrigeration systems
- Refrigeration controls system design or product development OR refrigeration equipment system design or product development
- Programming and/or Allen Beady and Siemen PLC (programmable logic controller) experience are required.
- Project management experience; especially managing contractors
- Experience with Microsoft or another project management tools a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills (English, bi-lingual in French is a plus)
- Education and Job Requirements
- BSEE preferred, or other degree plus specific relevant experience
- Essential business skills: working with minimal supervision; effective time management; strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to work effectively autonomously/remotely/independently, possibly at home
- Available to travel up to 30% of the time
- Able to legally work in the United States; pass a criminal background check; pass a drug test
Job Types: Full-time, Contract