- Assist in the planning, scheduling and implementation of cleaning and grounds keeping services for all academic, research and administrative buildings.
- Assist in establishing and updating Standard Operating Procedures to deliver effective and efficient services.
- Establish and maintains supplies and equipment necessary to support service delivery.
- Reports deficiencies to BS&G while making rounds for work order remediation.
- Plans, schedules and if necessary, provides training or in-service education in efficient and effective work procedures for subordinates’ (supervisors, laborers, janitors, cleaners, grounds workers and other maintenance staff). Performs other supervisory duties as required to achieve an effective workforce.
- Manages Building Services and Grounds service contracts and vendors as appropriate.
- Plans and coordinates in-service education for all department staff regarding infection control and exposure to hazardous materials and spill containment. Such training is coordinated through the Environmental Health and Safety Office and Infection Control Office.
- Ensures regulatory compliance is met for all areas of responsibility. Provide reports for regulatory agencies as required.
- Coordinates and manages departmental responses for emergency cleanup activities pertaining to flood, snow, ice and other acts of nature.
- Closely coordinates all work activities through the TMA Computer Maintenance Management System for multiple shops.
- Attend meetings pertaining to BS&G. Insure all subordinates meet annual performance, health, and training requirements.
Other assignments as directed by departmental leadership.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
- Two (2) years of college/university education in a related field.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Five to seven (5-7) years of supervisory experience in custodial services; Ability to direct, coordinate and supervise employees.
- Knowledge of CSEA union contract agreements.
- Must be computer literate and have had experience with computerized maintenance management programs; A strong background in work scheduling and job coordination skills is required.