Cobalt is a software development company with a track record of providing quality software solutions to our clients. Cobalt focuses on building solutions on the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform and specializes in guiding clients through the full software development project life cycle from project initiation, planning and kick-off, the implementation phase, and finally through the training and end user adoption process.
This is a full-time position based at our headquarters in Crystal City (Arlington), Virginia. Candidates should expect to travel up to 15%, mostly local.
Director of Consulting Services
We currently have an opening for the Director of Consulting Services. The director oversees a team of technical consultants and project managers, runs the project management office and coordinates between the operational departments of the company. The primary job duties for this position include:
The director is responsible for both short and long-term resource management and planning.
- Develop project plans and align resources with those plans
- Define priorities and clearly communicate those priorities to the project team
- Make decisions when priorities conflict
- Implement an effective resource management tool and successfully launch that tool within the first year of employment
- Create reports that management can use to monitor staffing needs and make hiring decisions, align resources with project work and set appropriate expectations with customers
Project Oversight/Client Relations
The director is responsible for managing and overseeing project teams, maintaining positive working relationships with customers and effectively addressing escalated issues.
- Define and document Scrum methodology and coach project teams on implementation best practices
- Train teams on Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Act as the primary escalation point for customer issues regarding project work
- Participate in sprint planning, scrum meetings and sprint reviews and retrospectives
- Foster teamwork between project team members and collaboration with customers
- Oversee the timely delivery of projects
The director is responsible for defining and executing the vision and mission of the Consulting Department.
- Develop and clearly communicate the department vision and mission statement
- Identify clear and achievable department specific goals that will move the department forward
- Push forward the successful completion of those goals
- Identify and monitor progress toward department specific KPIs
- Provide data-driven reports on department progress and make viable recommendations for the improvement of the department
- Come up with creative ways to make projects more profitable and successful
Human Resources & Mentoring
The director is responsible for hiring and onboarding team members, defining the department organizational chart and conducting performance reviews.
- Identify and provide training plans and opportunities for staff career growth
- Coach and mentor staff to ensure that best practices are followed and that quality work is consistently delivered
- Maintain the department organizational chart and position matrix
- Recruit and hire new employees
- Resolve conflicts between team members
- Collect performance feedback and execute performance reviews
Sales & Marketing
The director is responsible for reviewing contracts and proposals for prospective customers.
- Review proposed scope and estimates for implementations
- Review and approve work authorizations
- Attend product demos and sales meetings
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- 10+ years managing enterprise software development projects
- 5+ years working in a PMO office or managing a team of at least five direct reports
- PMP preferred
- Experience with agile and scrum software development methodologies
- Proven experience managing customer expectations and client relationships
- Display strategic thinking skills and creative problem-solving abilities
- Experience developing business plans and developing and managing budgets
- Proven success with mentoring and coaching
- Proficient working with software development teams
- Remain professional under pressure and use sound judgement when making decisions
- Experience recruiting and training new employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Goal and action oriented
- Reliable, self-motivated, ability to multitask, approachable and fair
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Benefits & Compensation
Cobalt provides all employees with medical, vision, dental, life and disability insurance, and a 401k plan with employer matching. We host multiple events for our employees each year including quarterly events, a holiday party, and a company retreat.
Total annual compensation for this position: $170,000.00
This includes a combination of salary and performance-based bonuses.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $170,000.00 /year
- Management: 5 years
- Project Management: 10 years