Thank you for your interest in joining the Jessup Systems team! Jessup Systems is the leading manufacturer of programmable automatic plating hoist systems. Experience, practical engineering, quality workmanship, and dedication to customer satisfaction have earned Jessup Systems a reputation for building the most competitive plating equipment on the market today.
The Engineering Manager at Jessup Systems is responsible for leadership, guidance, and oversight of the engineering team for barrel plating equipment, rack plating equipment, anodizing equipment, phosphate and chromate coating equipment, and E-coat and A-coat equipment with single and multiple plating hoists.
Jessup Systems is the leading manufacturer of programmable automatic plating hoist systems. This position is a challenging opportunity to lead design and engineering in a dynamic and supportive, team-based work environment.
- Manage engineering team tasks, priorities and schedules.
- Motivate staff and provide technical direction and guidance as both manager and mentor.
- Organize and lead the scheduling and resource planning meetings.
- Work with the General Manager to identify and address strategic engineering goals.
- Lead, advance, and develop the company’s engineering processes for product design, review and release, and for improved project profitability.
- Define, manage and enforce engineering standards and methods according to industry best practices; implement continuous improvement.
- Participate in all design sessions and formal reviews. Responsible for the approval of all engineering design releases.
- Cultivate a work environment of continuous improvement.
- Conceptualize designs for products and equipment for new applications and machine improvements.
- Perform design calculations such as structural analysis, power transmission, motor sizing and fluid power requirements.
- Work with engineering teams to identify technical and program risks, and define plans for risk mitigation.
- Work closely with manufacturing during the fabrication and assembly of new equipment and have the ability to recommend manufacturing processes to ensure quality.
- Ensure company’s equipment and systems adhere to safety requirements and standards applicable to both domestic and foreign locations.
- Expertise in and passion for engineering management, leadership, mechanical engineering design, and collaboration.
- BSME required. MSME preferred. MBA a plus. Other advanced degree may be considered as long as career experience clearly demonstrates the ability to function as the company’s senior mechanical engineer.
- 7-12 years’ post-graduate, stable career history in a small to mid-size organization that designs/produces complex manufacturing equipment; Career path progression from an individual contributor mechanical engineer into a hands-on leadership role, leading a small team of designers and mechanical/controls engineers.
- Experience in mechanical and/or electro-mechanical equipment design including a heavy focus on mechanical component design in an industry-regulated engineering environment with strict standards.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ demonstrated, hands-on leadership of and technical involvement with a small engineering team that designs manufacturing equipment including oversight of prototyping, design, analysis, inspection, assembly, testing, maintenance and safety. This includes working daily 1:1 with the team to coach, mentor and guide. Critical that this is demonstrated collaboratively, not top-down.
- Understanding of machine/process controls and ability to communicate controls requirements for new equipment.
- Strong hands-on experience and expertise with AutoCAD and 3D design. Autodesk Inventor preferred.
Jessup Systems, a division of George Koch Sons, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and as such will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetics, physical or mental disability, or other protected characteristic.