The Carmel Ambulatory Surgery Center is a fast paced, high energy Multi-Specialty Surgery Center offering EXCEPTIONAL care to our patient. Our highly organized, efficient and friendly business office is seeking a full time, self-motivated Admission Clerk with a strong work ethic and an emphasis on reliability to join our family of employees.
The successful candidate will be competent in computer skills (database entry, Excel, Word and Outlook), be detailed oriented, work confidentially while multi-tasking multiple projects, all with a compassionate personality.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Greet and register patients in person.
- Complete insurance verifications via phone and computer software.
- Obtain pre-certifications for patient surgeries and procedures.
- Schedule patients for block procedures.
- Accurately and timely enter patient demographic information into database (Soarian)
- Prepare patient charts ensuring comprehensive completion
- Answer multiline phone systems
- Enter surgical supplies for billing and inventory accuracy
Requirements include 2+ years Clerical/Customer Service experience preferably in the medical field, highly competent computer skills including database entry and Microsoft Office, high school diploma or GED required but some college is preferred. Experience in Soarian database and with Availity is a Plus.
We are seeking a self-motivated employee with a strong work ethic and an emphasis on reliability. Must be a detail oriented, confidential person with a compassionate personality.The Scheduled shift will be from 8:30am – 4:30pm; Monday through Friday. Some overtime will be required.
We offer competitive compensation, exceptional health and dental benefits, holiday pay, generous PTO and a 401(k) program with company match. No weekends, holidays or on call requirement are required and 7 paid holidays are paid in addition to PTO allotment.
Please attach a resume along with your salary requirements and professional references when applying.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- Medical Field: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative