Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
The Valet/Parking Attendant will be responsible for parking many different kinds of vehicles with both standard and manual transmissions. Valet/Parking Attendants must be comfortable driving vehicles of all sizes and types and follow all safety guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS -
- Greet all guests / employees in a warm, friendly and professional manner, providing a great Skechers experience.
- Responsible for the parking of cars carefully, efficiently, and in a timely manner in accordance with policies and procedures established by management.
- Direct traffic to keep car flow organized and smooth, while ensuring pedestrians are safe.
- Make sure all the vehicles in parking lot are kept locked.
- Move vehicles and reorganize lot, as directed by management
- Inspect vehicles to detect damage.
- Transfer vehicle keys and completed shift report to next shift's employee / Security.
- Inspect parking lot with specific attention to cleanliness and appearance; complete small cleaning or maintenance tasks including sweeping, wiping down surfaces and equipment, empting trash, picking up trash, and changing light bulbs.
- Monitor / maintain safety and security of lot. Inform people loitering to move off property.
- Work outside in varying weather conditions.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES -
- Excellent oral communication skills with all levels of the organization,
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Organized, able to work in a busy environment where priorities may change.
- Team player.
- Energetic and professional.
- Must be able to work with or without supervision.
- Maintains high ethical standards in all actions.
- Full attendance of scheduled hours.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record; with no more than 2 points
- Ability to operate manual and automatic transmission vehicles
- 18 years of age and/or older
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday and periodic weekends
- Zero tolerance for being under the influence at work
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE-
- Previous similar experience a plus
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- 6 months Customer Service experience
- 1 year valet experience
Ability to read, communicate and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, policies and procedures, and operating and maintenance instructions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Maintains professional appearance: Be in correct parking uniform, on time, and ready to work when scheduled.
- Provided uniforms are to be worn at all times; be in good repair, clean and pressed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times. The employee is regularly required to lift a 35 - 40lb dress form for garment evaluations.