Assistant Center Manager PRIMARY FUNCTION
Under the direction of the center manager is responsible for implementing program policies and procedures, providing a high quality program, and for the overall operation of the entire center.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Staff Supervision and Professional Development:
- Under the direction of the Center Manger
- Hire, mentor and coach teachers; prepare and conduct bi-monthly and annual evaluations; approve timesheets, leave and reimbursement requests
- Ensures that Lead Teachers complete all required record keeping documentation
- Train/work with teaching staff on an ongoing basis to raise the scores of the following tools: Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS), Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale (ECERS) and Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS)
- Conducts ongoing observations of all teachers; looking at curriculum content, presentation, relationships, classroom rapport, procedures, CLASS domains, etc…
- Meets with each Lead Teacher 2x each month for documented supervision meetings where the following topics will be covered: review of classroom observations, policies and procedures, teamwork, Professional Development Plans (PDPs), CLASS, ECERS, QRIS, Teaching Strategies Gold outcomes
- Creates PDPs for each teacher based on individual educational and professional needs and observations.
- Assists the Lead Teacher in completion of Assistant Teacher evaluations.
- Ensures center staff are compliant with program policies and are working together to hold necessary case conferences and documenting appropriately
- Arrange for provision of on-going staff training to meet the minimum requirement from DEEC, as well as mandatory trainings (i.e. CPR, First aid, 51A, etc…)
Compliance and Reporting Requirements:
- Ensure compliance with OHS and DEEC regulations, Emergency Management Plan, as well as compliance with USDA, city and state regulations
- Maintains staff personnel files to meet all DEEC and OHS regulations.
- Ensure that service delivery is performed according the Lynn Economic Opportunity (LEO) mission statement
- Ensures appropriate staff to child ratios and will act as a teacher in the classroom in emergency situations
- Prepare and submit requests for maintenance of the building/classrooms based on observation and Site Safety Checklist (completed weekly by classroom teachers)
- Works with center staff regarding classroom management and program planning for individual children
- Plans and coordinates field trips
- Maintains center inventory and orders materials and supplies as needed
- Plan and facilitate center staff meetings and parent meetings
- Ensure confidentiality of children’s records
- Analyze and aggregate outcomes of all children’s assessments to establish individualized plans and school readiness goals
Enhance personal and professional growth:
- Attend all trainings required by Head Start Performance Standards as well as DEEC Regulations
- Attend trainings, conferences and workshops as assigned and approved by immediate supervisor
- Identify other educational opportunities that enhance overall Center/Head Start knowledge
Family Engagement/Community Outreach
- Work with the teaching staff and family service workers to encourage parent involvement in all components of the program
- Work with Family Engagement Specialist to plan outside activities for families to participate within the community
- Develop relationships with outside agencies to provide additional services
- Performs other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
Skills / Knowledge Required
- Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred; and
- Must meet Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (DEEC) Director II qualifications; and
- One year experience providing direct supervision and program management specializing in Early Childhood Education
- Knowledge of DEEC regulations, the Head Start Performance Standards as well as the Head Start Act (OHS regulations )
Our staff is supported and encouraged by a strong management team. We offer an enviable benefits package that includes health insurance for as little as $27.00/week, dental insurance for as little as $4.00/week, life insurance, a 403(b) plan with a generous agency match, tuition assistance, EAP program , short term disability and paid time off.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 to $22.00 /year