This person for this position will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Insurance Department. Responsibilities will include monitoring department workloads, associate performance and ensuring the quality delivery of services to internal and external customers. The incumbent will provide training oversight and general assistance to all Insurance Department team members.
Other duties include analyzing and responding to dealer’s and customer’s concerns by providing a positive resolution to their needs, and communicating with internal departments such as Accounting, Servicing, First Payment Collections, Dealer Compliance, Remarketing, Compliance, Originations, Marketing and more. This position also has extensive contacts with various external entities, including insurance companies; impound facilities, repair shops, and police departments.
The successful candidate is self-directed in work prioritization and will demonstrate good judgment-making ability within the scope of the position’s areas of responsibility. The associate will perform all duties in accordance with Westlake policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises Insurance Department individual and team performance, and delivery of quality services.
- Assists other team members with escalated or urgent situations.
- Generates and reviews standard Insurance Department reports and procedures.
- Monitors insurance sales, cancellations and account adjustments.
- Responds to consumer and dealer complaints.
- Ensures strong levels of production within the Insurance Department.
- Trains and directs staff for effective delivery of the department’s functions.
- Updates and maintains production tracking spreadsheets.
- Processes and negotiates insurance gap and warranty claims, as well as ensures accuracy on settlements.
- Promptly communicates areas of needed improvement.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & LICENSES:
- Strong supervisory experience, including excellent interpersonal skills.
- Superior comprehension of Department of Insurance rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with general account ledgers and/or a chart of accounts.
- Good understanding of consumer debt servicing, including delinquency collections.
- Detail-oriented, ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Effective written and oral communication skills to enable accurate completion of reports, information gathering organizational and developed customer service skills and negotiations.
- Ability to work in a high volume; fast pace Call Center environment.
- A high degree of motivation and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Knowledge of the automotive industry preferred.
- Strong financial acumen with working knowledge of key financial tools and terminology
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong time management skills
- Desire and ability to learn new skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational and developed customer service skills.
- Can-Do attitude
- Ability to train others.
- Typing 50+ WPM & 10 Key by touch skills
- Bilingual in English & Spanish (Preferred)
- Ability to work Independently and collaboratively
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree. (Required)
- Previous experience in insurance sales or claim management. (Preferred)
- base salary of $60,000 to $65,000 per year + bonus potential bonus range of $20,000-$30,000 per year
- The exact starting compensation to be offered will be determined at the time of selecting an applicant for hire and will be dependent on a wide range of factors, including but not limited to geographic location, skill set, experience, education, credentials, and licensure when applicable.
FULL TIME BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Matching
- Employee Stock Ownership Program in a $14.2 Billion Company, Plus Company Matching
- Wellness Program, Daily Team Exercises
- Westlake University, Certification Programs
- Career Path Opportunities
- Discounts on Parks, Museums, Movie Tickets, and Attractions
- AT&T Wireless Discounts
- Employee Loan Assistance
- Annual Flu Shots, Biometric Screenings
- Paid Vacations Days
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Rental Car Discounts
- Dell Member Purchase Program
People. Purpose. Passion. These are the hallmarks of Westlake Financial and have been since our inception in 1988. Westlake specializes in prime to sub-prime automotive financing, helping car dealerships do what they do best: sell cars. Our unique credit approval software (known as "The Buy Program ©") allows dealers to get an on-the-spot loan approval without waiting for callbacks, faxbacks, or rehashes.
Westlake Financial is an Internet based, privately held finance company that specializes in the acquisition and servicing of sub-prime and non-prime automotive retail installment contracts. Headquartered in Southern California, Westlake originates indirect retail installment contracts through a network of 21,000 new and used car dealers throughout the United States. All collections and servicing are performed in-house from its central facility located in the Mid-Wilshire area of Los Angeles.
Westlake's success did not just happen overnight. It took years of hard work, cultivation, and smart intuition to get to where we are today. Not content to rest on our laurels, Westlake continues to build and refine, always keeping our dealers and customers in mind.
CONTACT US https://www.westlakefinancial.com/careers/
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization. #Insurance #Manager #InsuranceManager #AutoInsurance #CarInsurance #AutoFinance #FinancialServices