Executive Assistant Position (Contract, Virtual Position, 30 Hours per week)
We're looking for a Virtual Executive Assistant to support a busy business leader for up to 30 hours per week.
This is a flexible, telecommuting (virtual) position.
At Virtual Works, we provide high-level administrative support fromawesome Virtual Executive Assistants who are smart, tech-savvy, self-motivatedand who love to support amazing business leaders.
We’re seeking a Rock-Star Executive AdministrativeAssistant to support a very busy client, helping her stay on track,manage email and calendar, and handle ongoing and unexpected administrativetasks. Check out the requirements andinformation below and send us a resume and cover letter demonstrating howyou’ll use your organizational skills, experience and can-do attitude tosupport a busy and successful female business leader.
About Our Client:
Our client is Vice President of theWorkforce Solutions arm of a very successful and growing consulting firm specializingin workforce development evaluation, and economic development. As a workforceexpert and strategist with over 20 years in the Workforce Development Industry,she has led and developed award-winning projects of national prominenceinvolving philanthropy, the business community, government, and communityorganizations. She has dedicated her career to empowering a thriving workforcewith individuals in high quality jobs while meeting the needs of businesses inorder to create sustainable improvements in the quality of life of the peoplewho need it the most.
Client is very driven, highly motivated,and passionate about her work. You’ll enjoy the opportunity to learn from asuccessful, knowledgeable and highly skilled woman business leader. And as aworkforce development expert, she’ll seek to ensure professional developmentand growth opportunities are provided to you. Our client works tirelessly tocreate the necessary collaborations and facilitate the conversations that mustoccur to achieve workforce development interventions of the 21stcentury. She is a person of high integrity and generosity, is genuine andrelatable, and is committed to her family and understands the value ofwork-life balance. As long as you work hard, meet deadlines, and are availablewhen needed, you’ll have the benefit of a very flexible schedule and a lot ofautonomy.
In this growing company, there is lotsof potential for growth and upward movement where team members can increasetheir contributions and benefit from the success of the business. You willenjoy an interesting working environment with the opportunity to gain in-depthknowledge about the workforce development field, liaise with experts all overthe country, and gain insight into the intricacies and behind the scenesefforts that ensure that there are jobs available and people to fill them.
Our client works from a home office but travels extensivelybetween company headquarters located in Indiana, conferences and speakingevents across the country, and many in-person meetings and events across herhome state.
Note: This is a long-term 1099contractor agreement with flexible hours
- Meeting scheduling: calls, 1:1 meetingsand calls, group events using Doodle polls, and internal and external meetings.Ability to coordinate with high level individuals and work with busy schedules,tight deadlines, and liaise with other assistants as needed
- Email management (filter the junk, trackaction items, file messages, respond as needed)
- Contact management (update contacts andmanage group mailing lists)
- Client and stakeholder communication(email and occasional phone in a friendly, helpful, professional style)
- Gather and track expenses, createexpense reports noting items that are reimbursable and/or billable
- Travel arrangements: schedule flightsand hotels (and modify as the schedule changes)
- Join calls, take meeting notes, identifyaction items, disperse notes to attendees
- Create newsletter and webinarannouncements
- Take ownership of webinar planning andlogistics: coordinate with speakers, set up webinar tech, track registrations
- Document creation, proofreading, and editingas needed
- Presentation assistance (create slides, findimages, update formatting, proofread, etc.)
- Event planning and coordination(reserving rooms, coordinating schedules, ordering catering, AV equipment,etc.)
- Research and information gathering, makingrecommendations for online tools, meeting venues, solutions, etc.
- Creating systems and processes forefficiency yet able to deviate from the process when needed to seize the moment
- Managing and overseeing project tasksand tracking deadlines, keeping a list of high priority tasks and ensuring workis moving forward
- Client invoicing via QuickBooks andprocessing transactions
- Print materials and schedule pickups
- Document/file system organization andmaintenance using OneDrive
- Social media posting and engagement viaTwitter
- Travel arrangements and meetinglogistics
- Ordering supplies and materials andmonitoring inventory
- Occasional outside the box duties suchas creating online surveys, updating spreadsheet data, etc.
- Other additional administrative dutiesas needed and agreed upon
This is a flexible position, up to 30 hours per week.Some of the work may be completed at any time of day as long as deadlines aremet.
Assistant will need to be available for:
- A 1 hour weekly phone call
- Short daily check-in calls and/or textsas needed
- Other scheduled calls as needed
- Will need to be accessible via phoneand/or text within the hours of 8:30-5:30 EST
Required Qualities, Skills, Experience:
- Support Mindset: Understands the life and stress of a busy executive and are committed to simplifying things for them, making their work easier, and taking stress and tasks off of their plate; their success is your success;
- High Work Standards: Has a close attention to detail, double checks work for accuracy and completeness; highly organized; goes above and beyond to deliver great results; committed to success for all and passionate about your work; has high-standards for quality;
- Resourcefulness and Adaptability: Finds creative solutions; explores multiples avenues to solve a challenge; perseveres; flexible; can find information and solutions with little direction; happily adapts to changing priorities;
- Planning and Organizing: Plans strategically, prioritizes and organizes tasks to achieve objectives, understands task dependencies, determines resources needed, and plans ahead to ensure deadlines are met; keeps others on track, recognizes high priorities and balances shifting priorities, all without being overly rigid.
- Excellent Communication: Clear, concise, and professional written communication with proper spelling and grammar; organizes and delivers information according to the recipient’s needs; listens actively; asks questions to clarify; takes direction well; professional, positive, and friendly;
- Initiation and motivation: Self-motivated, energetic, highly responsive with excellent follow-through and follow-up; you don't need reminders to get things done and can nudge others to keep them on task; works independently; suggests areas of improvement or innovation and implements solutions;
- Time Management and efficiency: prioritizes and plans tasks; works quickly and uses appropriate tools and/or implements processes and checklists to create efficiencies; can take action quickly when needed to accomplish a goal
- Team-minded: Friendly, professional, respectful, positive, and optimistic; has a can-do attitude; puts group goals ahead of individual goals; respects and values different working styles;
- Organization: knows where everything goes, make sure it gets put there, and can find things quickly; develops systems (calendar, document management, etc.) that work for all.
- Anticipates Needs: Thinks 2-steps ahead;is prepared with answers before the question is asked; identifies needs beforethey are requested; is proactive and suggests solutions; knows when to take actionand when to ask first.
- Tech-savvy: user of productivity apps, able to find online solutions; uses online resources to learn programs and explore functionality;
- Growth-minded: Likes to learn, try new things, is interested in gainingknowledge of the industry; seeks professional and personal development forlong-term success
- Mission-driven: Strong core values inalignment with the client’s values: collaboration, entrepreneurial spirit,community impact, integrity, diversity and inclusion, equity; is passionateabout the mission and goals and understands the importance of the work
- Experienced: Intermediate to advancedlevel skills in Office Suite; intermediate skills with Outlook Email, calendar,and contact, as well as Outlook Web Access; Experienced with Asana, Trello, orother similar project management tools; experienced with QuickBooks;
- Have at least 5 years’experience as an Executive Assistant OR other related professional employment.
- Have your own reliablecomputer (Mac preferred) with web camera and antivirus software, high-speedwireless internet, smart phone, and quiet working space free of distractions.
- Be impressive at what youdo -- no matter what your level of education; a bachelor’s degree is notrequired if you produce top-notch results
- Successfully completeseveral skills assessments during the interview process.
- Provide 3 glowing referencesupon request.
To apply please submit a PDF resume and cover letter. Thank you.
We seek to work with AWESOME assistants who want to learn andgrow and be part of a supportive and empowering team! We aim to place ourAssistants in long-term positions they love. To ensure that, our applicationand interview process is rigorous and takes time. We know you will value ourcommitment to quality and trust you will enjoy the process. We’reexcited to meet you and talk about partnering for our clients’ success as wellas yours!
*Contracts are open to anyone in the United States and are virtual (working from your own home) and occur as a 1099 contractor. Prior to an offer of employment or contract being issued, applicants may be subject to a background check.
To apply please submit a PDF resume and cover letter. Thank you.
Job Type: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $25.00 to $32.00 per hour
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $25.00 to $32.00 /hour
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
Hours per week:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page: