Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Develops, delivers, and coordinates the training for new and existing providers and staff on all components of the clinical EMR systems and Dragon software across the Network. Creates and modifies training materials. Partners with the application team and physician champion's to develop benchmarks and insure the successful adoption of the clincal systems .
1. Develops and conducts EMR training for all new hires and refresher classes for multiple practices/departments . Administers exam to certify EMR application readiness.
2. Utilizes independent judgment and discretion in design of training programs, and proactively resolves training related issues.
3. Develops and maintains training assessment tool, assesses student post training, delivers results and provides documented feedback to employee’s supervisor on new hire progress. Makes recommendations if any on next steps for employees.
4. Responsible for the creation and maintenance of all training materials and curriculum, including workflow documentation, webinars and learning videos Post documentation accessible to end user community.
5. Delivers workshops, one-on-one training, and webinar sessions in varied locations. Determines the population targeted for training.
6. Periodically reviews any upgrade features of the clincal system and re-design of workflows for changes to training documentation.
7. Facilitates the development of benchmarks to measure training programs success in achieving clincal system adoption.
8. Works closely with the clinical team and physician champion(s) to ensure successful adoption of clinical system best practices.
9. Evaluates training program effectiveness and makes recommendations for improvement.
10. Provides on-site support as practices /departments go live on clinical systems, traveling between off-sites and responding to staff needs outside of normal hour.
11. Assists in the building and maintenance of the training environment, and the maintenance of user names and passwords.
12. Works collaboratively with other trainers and team members in training standards and methodologies.
13. Works with support team to resolve end user issues and corrective workflow processes.
14. Maintains professional growth and development through continuing education, including participation in training classes, conferences, and workshops.
15. Provides 24/7 support through investigation & analysis of problems using documentation, manuals, debugging tools & logic to resolve problems, prevent recurrence & ensure continuity. Takes remote call for off-shift, weekends & holidays as assigned.
16. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
Three years experience conducting end user training in both classroom and one-on-one settings. Experience with electronic medical records, as well as acute care, ambulatory and practice management systems. Demonstrated clinical or information techology proficiency.
Bachelors preferred. MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Bethel-14 Research Drive
8a - 5:30pm
IT Learning Services
- Some manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Little or no potential for occupational risk
- Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
- Generally pleasant working conditions.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.