Orora Packaging Solutions is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant for our Tempe Office.
- This position will report to the: Controller
- Travel Requirement: Less than 10% of Travel Required
- FLSA Status: Exempt
At Orora, we believe our packaging touches lives and together, we, together as a team, deliver on the promise of what’s inside. From custom packaging design and packaging materials, to prototype development and manufacturing, packaging automation and equipment, kitting and fulfillment, global sourcing, and full service warehousing and logistics, our packaging consultants develop cutting-edge, innovative solutions that take a product from concept to consumer. It is with this passion and commitment to innovation, we believe in hiring and developing the very best talent by living our core values of Teamwork, Passion, Respect, and Integrity every day.
Our vision is to be the industry-leading packaging solutions and displays company.
We value Teamwork, Passion, Respect and Integrity. These core values define who we are and how we operate. They shape the way we work with each other, with our customers, and with our communities. Every day, we deliver packaging solutions that exceed our customers’ expectations while solving complex problems as a team.
We believe that all team members (irrespective of their role or level), should aspire to distinctive leadership behavior, as we continue to deliver on the promise for our customers, shareholders and each other. Leadership is not tied to a job title, i.e. you don’t need to be accountable for a team to be considered a leader. At Orora leadership is encouraged at every level, within the team
What You’ll be Responsible For in this Role
In this role you will assist the controller in completing the month-end close while aiding the accounting staff. Reconcile the balance sheet accounts and resolves open items. Prepares and monitors budgets in support of the business group objective. Senior Accountant is responsible for coordinating the financial and management accounting and reporting activities, internal auditing, budgeting, cost, financial analysis, and governmental reporting activities while ensuring the company's accounting records fairly and accurately reflect the position of Orora Business Service Center, related divisions, and subsidiaries. Works on special projects and backs up the accounting department as needed.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum 5 -7 years related experience.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of general ledger entries and the proper presentation on the financial statements.
- Responsible for month end close process, including preparation and review of journal entries, reconciliations, and account analysis in a timely manner.
- Provide subject matter expertise for general accounting team in supporting projects and integrations, as well as facilitating internal and external financial reporting processes.
- Identifies, leads and proactively provides solutions for automation and process improvement while ensuring personal and team's daily responsibilities are completed with detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Lead periodic training sessions to share best practices with department.
- Communicate with Staff Accountants to offer first level assistance and escalate to Controller if issue cannot be resolved.
- Assist Controller with training and implementation of new procedures and new Staff Accountant training.
- Develops, re-engineers, and implements innovative processes to enhance accounting,finance and managerial reporting, and other accounting service functions.
- Backs up accounting department personnel as needed.
- Develops and documents business processes and be familiar with all accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles as assigned. Performs other duties and/or responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proactive and Independent
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and understanding of accounting theory
- Experience with budgeting and variance analysis
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Experience completing month end close to include all general ledger entries
- Experience completing month-end account reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts
- Identifies accounting problems and comes up with solutions *
This position requires the ability to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Experience working on accounts receivable and accounts payable problem accounts
- Exposure to researching accounting conclusions, documenting support for conclusions reached.
- Possesses a CAN-DO attitude to motivate others to accomplish monthly/quarterly/yearly goals.
- Assists in completion of budgets for the upcoming fiscal year
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Integrated Leadership
- Change Management
- Intellectual Flexibility and Technical Acumen
- MBA/CPA preferred but not required.
- SAP experience
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are interested in applying for employment with Orora and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, or if you believe you do not meet any of the required qualifications of a posted position due to a protected disability and would like to explore the possibility of an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team for additional support and guidance.
What We Offer
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Group Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in performing essential job functions.
- Profit Sharing and 401(k)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Short-Term Disability
- Group Life and AD&D
- Our rich benefits packages are designed to support the health and well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their families.
Orora does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Orora is not responsible for any fees
related to unsolicited resumes.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)