- The Head of IMR is responsible for leading the manager research and due diligence activities of UBS Wealth Management Americas (WMA). The candidate will lead the team of research analysts who research and recommend all traditional long-only manager and fund solutions. The Head of IMR will also be responsible for maintaining research coverage on an assigned asset class.
- The Head of IMR is a highly visible role both internally at UBS WMA and externally with the firm's investment partners. Importantly, the role's objective is to position IMR internally as a source of alpha in manager selection. To that end, he/she will be responsible for building the investment expertise of the team while ensuring the group maintains sufficient controls around its policies.
- Investment Process and Performance – The Head of IMR will manage and mentor a team of analysts responsible for researching and recommending all long-only mutual funds and separate accounts for UBS advisory, brokerage, and institutional consulting platforms. The candidate will ensure on-going consistency and rigor of the team’s investment philosophy and process. The Head of IMR will also review analysts' research reports, prioritize research assignments and lead weekly research meetings. He/she will also take accountability for the performance of IMR's manager selections.
- Policies and Procedures –The Head of IMR will maintain, develop, and enhance appropriate and sufficient procedures for the group. He/she will also establish and monitor controls to ensure faithful adherence to those procedures.
- Management and Leadership – The Head of IMR will be responsible for attracting, developing and retaining the analyst team, managing resources and managing employee performance.
- Content and Communications –The Head of IMR will promote the investment research function by representing the group capabilities at prospect and client meetings, conferences, and advisor meetings. The Head of IMR will also take an active role in publishing topical and asset class research to enhance the group’s thought leadership. He/she will also work:
- Internal Partnerships – The Head of IMR must be collaborative in their approach and must be able to build relationships across the firm. This role requires a significant level of partnership with other internal groups, including Investment Management, CIO-WMR, Institutional Consulting, and Advisory Program Management. The candidate will partner with portfolio construction team and Institutional Consulting to set the research agenda for these platforms. He/she will also partner with Global CIO office to develop investment themes utilizing proprietary and third-party research. Finally, he/she will need to work closely with WMA program managers to ensure that IMR's research agenda supports that the platform's strategic initiatives and priorities.
- Committees – The Head of IMR will chair the Investment Management Research Committee (IMRC), the approval body for all researched strategies. He/she will also participate in other investment governance committees, as necessary.
- 10+ years of experience in investment management and manager research/due diligence focused on traditional investments across different asset classes including equity and fixed income.
- Exceptional research, analytical, reasoning, problem solving, interpersonal and communications (both written and verbal) skills.
- 5+ years of experience as a senior investment professional and/or manager of research analysts. Possess the ability to develop and lead a high-performing investment culture
- Proven ability to communicate through verbal and written communications to audiences and client types with varying levels of sophistication.
- Graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Statistics/Math, Economics or related field of study.
- Completion of one or more professional designation including CFA, CIMA, or CAIA.
- FINRA Licenses are required or must be obtained within 60 days of hire - Series 7, 66 and 24.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Why UBS? Video
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.