Must be able to travel to Midland, Odessa, San Angelo, and Abilene.
The Supervisor is the entry-level position to management and provides direct supervision to a group/unit of custodial staff assigned to a contracted client(s) job location. Responsibilities include the scheduling and assigning of work, training and decisions impacting daily job functions to ensure quality assurance and service delivery in assigned area of accountability. The main thrust of interaction with the staff is clarification of day-to-day processes and objectives; to suggest alternatives/improvements in processes and flows; input into disciplinary actions; and to conduct performance appraisals of direct reporting employees. Decision-making is within defined guidelines established within existing policies. There is limited budgetary responsibility.
EXPECTATIONS FOR SATISFACTORY JOB PERFORMANCE
- Ensures employees are wearing proper uniforms and employee badge
- Ensures employees clock in and out utilizing timekeeping system
- Deploys adequate resources at job locations to ensure operational and cost efficiency and that quality meets contract expectations
- Recruits and hires within established guidelines qualified staff to meet contract expectations
- Responsible for training of employees on daily, weekly, monthly, and annual routines including proper use of supplies, chemicals, and equipment. Ensures machines are properly stored, kept clean and proper levels are maintained. Ensures supply room is kept neat and organized with adequate levels for all supplies, chemicals, and equipment. Ensures employees follow site specific check in and out procedures.
- Responsible for supervising assigned employees
- Provides ongoing safety training to employees
- Submits to the Area Manager or main office all employee documentation to include new hire documentation, 90 day and annual evaluations, change of status, counseling forms, and termination forms. This must be done in a timely manner
- Performs counseling sessions with employees utilizing guidelines set forth in company Code of Conduct; aiming to resolve at least the routine problems in person in order to provide effective support and problem resolution
- Reports to Area Manager/direct Manager any incidents that occur at job location: false alarms, damages, theft, and customer and employee injuries
- Responsible for safe & proper propane and bottles handling and storage, verifies cage is locked and proper bottle count is maintained (where applicable)
- Performs project work which may include detailed carpet extraction, floor stripping and waxing, and power washing
- May perform basic equipment repair; reports equipment repair and/or parts requests to Area Manager or Purchasing Department according to the time schedule
- Performs scheduled quality control walk required in connection with client work practices and processes
- Participates in scheduled recurrent crew leader meetings with Regional Manager
- Maintains and improves operational efficiency and quality of service of own area through improvements in procedures and processes
- Works at some locations/warehouses using heavy equipment/ machines without air conditioner
- Performs weekly inspections.
- Attends to emergencies (flood, fire, etc.)
- Attends or leads (if needed) meetings with staff regarding safety concerns/Personal Protective Equipment requirements/ How to cross the tracks, etc.
- Processes daily payroll
- Performs work orders provided (removing equipment, fixtures from facilities)
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
High school diploma/GED or equivalent; 2+ years on-the-job experience at a senior individual contributor level with demonstrated development through involvement in a series of progressively more demanding relevant work roles
- Able to read and communicate in English
- Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials up to 50 pounds.
- Repetitive motion involved on a daily basis may include, but not limited to, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, reaching, climbing, and squatting.
- Ability to operate small power tools
- Requires stooping, kneeling, crawling, bending, turning, and reaching into areas not fully air conditioned.
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time to include climbing/descending stairwells and ladders
- Can work independently and in stressful environments
- Regular, consistent and predictable attendance
- Able to drive between customer locations. Some local area travel using personal vehicle. Approximately 10% of the time and will vary during the month and week
- May have responsibility to enter customer facilities that require background screening. ADDITIONAL SKILLS: REQUIRED & PREFERRED
- Strong supervisory and people management skills
- Basic computer skills-Outlook, Word, Excel
- Basic knowledge of proper handling of hazardous materials and OSHA guidelines
- Sound operational knowledge of service area and services available
- Basic knowledge of wage, hour, and labor laws
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions successfully with individuals or with a team
- Basic problem solving skills to include good judgment or problem solving within company guidelines
- Ability to motivate and inspire others proactively and to increase productivity and teamwork
- Good interpersonal, listening and delegation skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Time management skills- the ability to meet goals on time and as expected
- Ability to read, speak, and write in Spanish