Northern Brewer is a leading Home Brew supplier that has been turning beer and wine lovers into homebrewers and winemakers for the past 23 years. We are looking for a talented and driven individual to join our Retail team as an ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER at one of our stores in the twin cities metro area.
- Management of inventory levels, using inventory counts to maintain accuracy on a daily basis.
- Assists with management of schedules and ensures staff levels are balanced with labor costs in mind.
- Assist with in-store educational class programs, including class syllabi, materials, and scheduling instructors.
- Leads by example and sets pace. Provides assistance where needed and contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Balances registers according to accounting/ security procedures; assists with bank transactions including deposits/change orders.
- Assists in managing classes, programs, and store marketing and promotional events.
- Ensures high customer service standards by supporting Retail staff when necessary.
- Provides support to Retail staff during peak periods or when scheduling conflicts arise, including at alternate store locations.
- Coaching and mentoring of employees
- Problem-solving with customers and issue escalation
- Creates a positive work environment where all staff are motivated to do their best. Treats people with respect and shows respect and sensitivity for individual differences.
- Associates/Bachelor’s degree, and Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP) or Cicerone strongly preferred.
- 1 year of related experience or training, or a combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience with homebrewing, winemaking, and/or craft beer.
- Experience handling currency and customer purchases.
- Ability to lead and direct others. Formal supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of basic formulas and standard measurements. Ability to calculate discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Knowledge of administrative and retail systems and software, such as inventory programs, Point of Sale (POS), fulfillment software, databases, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, E-commerce platforms, Internet applications, forums, and social media sites.
Northern Brewer is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
- retail sales or related: 1 year (Required)
- brewing, winemaking, and/or homebrewing: 1 year (Required)