Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
- Architect, design, develop, administer, monitor and manage databases
- Provide operational support of all Medidata databases
- Develop DBA Services standards. Mentor on database standards and best practices to internal DBA’s and internal customers
- Identify and assist in improving Infrastructure tools/services with automation and process enhancements
- Maintain availability, stability, reliability, security and data integrity standards across database hosting environments
- Ensure databases are highly scalable and deployable using configuration management tools
- Provide feedback and insight on designing and scaling of SaaS and cloud-based environments and tools
- Troubleshoot and administer critical production and testing environments. Diagnose and address performance and tuning issues whenever and wherever they occur. Identify recurring issues and collaborate other teams on resolution plan
- Create and maintain documentation such as Standard Operating Procedures, architecture diagrams, high level platform scalability work flow diagrams, process and procedural documents for implementation and support teams to support configuration management for all environments
- Provide database hosting guidance on new database components
- Create knowledge base articles that can be used by the organization in response to routine or complex incidents
- Able to participate in multiple cross platform projects and cross functional teams to ensure the projects are successful
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
Your Preferred Competencies:
- 8+ years of Database architecture, design, development, implementation, and support experience
- 8+ years of experience experience working with Unix/Linux systems
- 5+ years of experience in highly transactional and high volume database systems
- Experience with HA, DR & other data replication strategies for highly available cloud based database systems
- Experience scripting using Unix shell, SQL and/or any other scripting language
- Experience providing production operations support on client facing systems and products in a hosting/vendor environment
- Proven ability to streamline and automate technical processes using various disciplines
- Knowledge of standard internet/network protocols including: DNS, HTTP/S, SSH, TLS, LDAP
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to provide strategic vision for selection, implementation and support of technology solutions
- Able to thrive in an agile, fast paced, high energy and fun work environment
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to understand operational requirements and translate to technical solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to lead projects/initiatives and act as mentor for other database engineers in the team
Your Education & Experience:
- Experience working with AWS cloud services
- Experience with Configuration management – Either Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Salt
- Experience working with MySQL
- Experience working with any Big-Data and/or NoSQL techniologies
- Hands-on experience with any PaaS technology
- Software development experience using any dynamic language
- Experience with cloud based or other monitoring solutions (New Relic, Pingdom, Solarwinds, Nagios)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.