In your role as an attorney with the largest private employer in the Central Valley, the average day is anything but average and you will actively see and feel how your role impacts our mission and those we serve through legal guidance to executives and stake holders.
Your Career at Community | Opportunity. Challenge. Growth.
You will be supported by a strong team of knowledgeable attorneys from various backgrounds, bringing their expertise and experiences to support our community. Experience with healthcare, non-profits, tax law, real estate, or medical staff issues are helpful but not required. You will have at least one year of law firm or in-house counsel experience and a strong desire to grow and be challenged in your career.
You can expect this role to be unlike others you may have experienced before. As a healthcare provider, our environment can be quite complex and dynamic, even for those who have been with the organization for a period of time. Successful candidates will be comfortable with a fast-paced work environment and with taking on significant responsibility with multiple complex assignments.
As part of a team of five attorneys, you will be responsible for a wide breadth of legal issues related to the operation of a healthcare system including:
Qualifications:Experience and education minimum requirements:
- Advise stakeholders on patient-related issues, including patient consent and ethics issues and HIPAA-related issues.
- Sit on committees and conduct formal and informal presentations and trainings on legal and regulatory issues that impact the system’s operations.
- Provide guidance, legal opinions and legal memoranda to executives and key stakeholders on legal compliance and regulatory issues.
- Work with service line administrators and other stakeholders to draft and review contracts.
- Juris Doctorate degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association or the California Committee of Bar Examiners.
- One (1) year of law experience in a law firm or in-house setting.
- Bar admission in California, or registration in another jurisdiction with the ability to obtain Registered In-House Counsel status with the State Bar of California within ninety (90) days of hire.
Have questions? Contact Whitney Avina at WAvina@communitymedical.org or text at (559) 244-9229.