- Strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree from a top law school and membership in one state bar is required
- 2+ years of legal experience as a transactional attorney, preferably with some portion of that experience in commercial transactions.
Here is your opportunity to manage cutting edge legal work and make history with Amazon’s legal team!
We are looking for a talented commercial attorney to support our rapidly growing and evolving transportation and logistics businesses. You will be responsible for structuring, drafting, and negotiating commercial agreements, and for independently and effectively solving a broad range of commercial and regulatory issues. You will work directly with the business, serving as lead counsel on strategic deals, providing day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, and handling pre-litigation disputes and inquiries. You will develop strategies for handling legal issues in creative, business-centric ways and you will build processes that address risk and allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly.
Some travel, domestic and international, will be required.
- A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience is a plus
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.