Merakey is currently seeking a Full Time 37.5 hour Telecom Technician to join Merakey in our IT department based in Harrisburg, PA.
The Telecom Technician answers and responds to inbound calls, emails, or chats using documented procedures, available tools and supplied script(s) to assess customer's telephone support needs and handle/route accordingly to the satisfaction of the customer. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Verifies all contact information
- Creates/Updates/Resolves incidents or service requests within supplied IT Service Management System.
- Documents problem definition
- Documents and logs all contacts and actions into tickets per specified guidelines
- Creates temporary "work-around" for immediate customer issues when appropriate
- Install and troubleshoot voice/data cabling in commercial/residential sites.
- Place orders and disconnects of voice circuits.
- Assists in project planning bid preparation site surveys and coordination and execution.
- Maintains Merakey phone system inventory.
- Create and maintain voice mailboxes.
- Provides software, hardware and cable troubleshooting, maintenance, support and resolve remotely, over the phone or on- site
- Installs, upgrades and configures phones systems.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology and recommends future growth hardware and software specifications.
- Works with IT procurement to purchase hardware and software.
- Work with vendors to resolve technical issues.
- Prepares activity reports as requested by management.
- Communicates recurring issues to management.
- Remains knowledgeable of performance requirements and IT service offerings
- Adheres to service level agreements with customers and business partners
- Maintains awareness of and compliance with all Merakey personnel policies
- Achieves specified performance goals
- Travel to off-site programs up to 80% of the time.
- Assists Network and Technical Service teams with deployment of equipment.
- Participates in special projects as required
- Additional responsibilities as required
WHAT MERAKEY HAS TO OFFER
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
- Marketplace Savings Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey, formerly NHS, provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Louisiana, Michigan, California, Ohio and Tennessee.
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
APPLY TODAY www.merakey.org/careers
Requisition # 49478
- Minimum of 2 years' Experience with supporting phone system (Toshiba, IP Office)
- Experience with Avaya and Toshiba concepts and administration
- Experience working in a structured, process-driven environment
- Exercise sound professional judgment and demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Knowledge of VOIP telephony hardware and applications
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network and system troubleshooting and support.
- Read, understand and apply complex technical information
- Ability to explain technical issues in clear and understandable language
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter -- function autonomously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation and knowledge of principles and best practices.
- Strong organizational, administrative and time management skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with people, both internally and with the external customers.
- Demonstrate dedication to consistent quality
- Valid Driver's License required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled