Progeny has an opening for an experienced Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Technical Writer in Manassas, VA or Chesapeake, VA. The selected candidate will join a highly talented team responsible for developing the state of the art Common Weapon Launcher (CWL) for both the US and Australian Submarine Navies.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job duties include but are not limited to;
Writing, editing and managing technical documentation for the creation of operator/maintenance Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM), associated curriculum and Computer Based Training (CBT), and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) products for military systems and equipment.
Experience with S1000D and RCM is preferred and knowledge of applicable military standards, specifications and test practices is desired.
The ideal candidate will have experience within the Combat Systems (AN/BYG-1) community.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word and Access a must), XMLSpy, MS Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and Illustrator
- Experience with S1000D is preferred
- Experience with HTML, XHTML, XML desired
- Familiarity with MIL-STDS, MIL-PRFS, MIL-HDBK, and SCORM requirements is a plus
- Familiarity with the Reliability Centered Maintenance process and creating Maintenance Requirement Cards is preferred
- Have the ability to research, write and edit documentation for military and government programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare program documentation for delivery in all formats (e.g. .doc, .PDF, HTML and XML/SGML-tagged on-line and IETM)
- Review and edit program documents for technical accuracy in accordance with all applicable documentation standards and style guides.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to develop thorough and accurate ILS Products
BS in communications or technical writing or 2 years technical experience in a military setting.
The ideal candidate will have 7 – 10 years of experience within the Combat Systems (AN/BYG-1) community.
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact our recruiting department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703.368.6107. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
As a small business, Progeny Systems is a participant in the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Progeny Systems has a proven track record of transitioning numerous SBIR contract awards into full-scale production, and has also successfully competed with large defense corporations. Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)