Atlanta, GA; New York, NY; Dallas, TX; Oakland, CA
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners - in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
In this role you'll be working on a team designing and building the next innovations that will delight millions of listeners. You will have access to billions of hours of music listening history by hundreds of millions of listeners who have provided a hundred billion thumbs on their stations and playlists. And truly unique to SiriusXM + Pandora, you'll be working with extremely rich and diverse interlinked music and talk metadata, including annotations of our expert musicologists with the Music Genome Project's 450+ musical characteristics. With these resources at your fingertips, you will build systems that accelerate innovations in personalization, search & voice, content understanding, and advertising & marketing science.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute solutions to a broad set of machine learning problems ranging from novel recommendation algorithms to large-scale bandit problems, and from natural language understanding to information retrieval, all to build the next generation of audio entertainment.
- Perform other duties as required.
Requirements and General Skills:
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Pursuing a PhD or MS degree in computer science, machine learning, statistics or a related quantitative field (ideally <2 years away from graduation).
- Expertise in any of: applied causal inference, machine learning, statistics, search, voice interfaces.
- Solid programming skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a small team with a diverse skill set.
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Proficiency with data analysis, ML, and data visualization tools in Python or R.
- Familiarity with common machine learning libraries (e.g. sk-learn, TensorFlow).
- Experience with SQL (or proprietary equivalent).
- Experience with other languages like Java/Scala or big data tools (e.g. hive, spark) is a bonus.
Please note that all SiriusXM + Pandora internships are paid.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.