The successful candidate will be an experienced member of a team that will migrate BIND DNS services to Infoblox DNS architecture. They will be responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting the DNS Infrastructure for a US Government Agency in Bethesda, MD.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Contribute to the design, implementation and management of the customer's DNS infrastructure.
- Assist in preparation of all relevant project related documentation as required by the customer.
- Experienced in deploying IPAM/DNS/DHCP solutions within an enterprise organization.
- Experience in design and engineering IPAM/DNS/DHCP solutions.
- Experience in providing Level 3 operational support for IPAM, DNS and DHCP within an enterprise organization.
- Deep understanding of BIND/DNS, DNSSEC operations and dotgov.gov.
- Must have extensive knowledge of all record types - A, AAAA, CNAME, MX, and NS.
- Maintain and update documentation on all DDI processes and procedures.
- Deep understanding of Infoblox NIOS, GRID and member operations.
- Proficient in analysis and problem solving, ability to work with other teams and ability to assess customer needs and determining appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and adhere to systems security and control procedures in accordance with departmental, vendor standards and regulatory bodies.
- Analyzes system performance and resolves problems, makes appropriate recommendations.
- Provides input to management for regarding monitoring solutions and the procurement of network equipment and supplies.
- Acts as the primary interface with users and vendors for resolving problems.
Education and Experience
- BS in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent experience and knowledge.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, including design, implementation and management of Infoblox DHCP/DNS/IPAM.
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Competitive salary
- Paid Vacation
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $130,000.00 /year
- Infoblox DDI: 7 years (Preferred)
- BIND/DNS: 7 years (Preferred)
- DNSSEC: 5 years (Required)