Full Job Description
Tired of being inside? Get outdoors with a healthy, active population in a supportive community! Great job for experienced or brand new nurses--we support your growth and development!
Open to RNs and NPs. Our modern, well-equipped health care facilities include a treatment room, bathrooms, isolation room, wardrooms and the nurse’s private quarters. Colorado is a Nursing Licensure Compact state. If you are not a CO nurse or have your RN (or above) license in a compact state, we can help you pay for your CO nursing license, if hired.
We have good relations with doctors in Woodland Park and in Colorado Springs. This is an excellent opportunity to practice primary nursing in a camp community.
RN SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide first aid care and MESH support for students and staff
- Oversee the administration of medications to students
- Coordinate visits to a physician/ER or assessment by our PA when needed
- Monitor health and cleanliness standards in the health center
- Organize paperwork and maintain online digital documentation plus filing
- Communicate and work closely with High Trails directors and various staff as part of the High Trails leadership team
- Oversee the health and wellness of campers and staff
- Maintain clear, helpful and professional communications with teachers and directors
- Assist staff with activities, work projects and other tasks as necessary
- Must be an RN or NP licensed to practice in the state of Colorado
- Compensation for 8 week season starting at $4,000; variable based on nursing experience.
- The opportunity to practice primary nursing care and influence the lives of children in a beautiful outdoor education environment
- The opportunity to be part of a small community of hard working, dedicated, and fun-loving people.
2020 Dates of Employment:
- Spring Season: March 18th - May 8th** (most urgent)
- Summer Season: May 11th - August 16th
- Fall Season: August 26th - November 13th
Learn more and access our online application at www.htoec.org.
Call Sarah at (719)-748-3341 for more information.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $300.00 to $450.00 /week
- Florissant, CO (Required)
Completed license needed:
Nurse Patient Ratio:
Work from Home:
Relocation Assistance Provided:
This Job Is:
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply