Process / Design Engineer
Job: Process / Design Engineer
Start Date: Immediately
Zero Carbon Production, LLC is seeking a Process Engineer to join a fast growing, flexible team that’s trying to address the most pressing issue of our time – climate change. This position will work closely with our Senior VP of Process Engineering to apply engineering insights and process models to build a pilot plant for a novel process for the Direct Air Capture of CO₂. The pilot will be leveraged to refine the design for the scale-up to our full-scale facility which will follow soon therea er.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
● Bachelors Engineering Degree in Chemical, Process or Mechanical Engineering with
5-10 years’ experience. Graduate degree viewed favorably.
● Broad experience in new process design / conceptualization in the chemical, biological or agrifood space.
● Experience in technoeconomic analysis or process simulation. Experience with Aspen
Custom Modeler or gPROMS viewed favorably.
● Ability to leverage Excel / VBA, Python or similar to solve engineering problems.
● An inquisitive nature to drill down into details and apply logical reasoning to problems to develop solutions.
● Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner.
● Startup experience and ability to work on cross-functional teams.
● Experience data analysis / statistics and tools such as JMP desirable.
● Experience with temperature swing adsorption, heat pumps, gas compression and vacuum systems desirable.
Responsibilities, Tasks and Outcomes:
● Support the translation of our conceptual design for a novel process into a working pilot facility.
● Partner with colleagues to convert modelling insights into implementable projects including equipment specification, control philosophies, installation scope of work documents and commissioning plans.
● Take on modelling efforts in ACM using an existing framework for both steady state and potentially dynamic simulation. Leverage and create simplified models in Excel /
● Design experiments and tests and analyze results from pilot runs and lab experiments.
● Apply statistical analysis tools to the visualization and analysis of experimental and process data, and to the development of correlations to summarize that data.
● Identify, analyze, develop, configure and optimize process improvements for our evolving process design.
● Engage in Design Risk Assessments including where appropriate HAZID and HAZOP analyses.
● Manage relationships with key client stakeholders and relevant subcontractors and equipment suppliers.
● Evaluate pilot / production equipment’s overall performance, reliability and safety.
● Alter and modify design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions.
● Prepare engineering reports and documentation.
Job Type: Full-time
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
Work Location: Remote