The scheduler is responsible for maintaining the schedule within our back-office for all clients and staff. This includes ensuring that all shifts are covered at least 24 hours in advance. In addition, the scheduler is responsible for tracking, changing and refilling all vacation requests, call-offs, request for changes by the client, etc. and ensuring our back-office system has been updated.
1. Compliance with Company bonding criteria.
2. Eighteen years of age or older, with U.S. citizenship and/or equivalent employment eligibility authorization.
3. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with clients, co-workers and all supervisors.
4. High school diploma - Associate or Bachelor's degree strongly recommended
5. At least three years’ experience in administrative capacities, with experience relevant to scheduling, customer service and computer operation. Extensive experience in the home care field considered in lieu of other experience.
6. Ability to perform multiple tasks under strict deadlines.
1. Maintain a consistent schedule for clients:
a. Handle emergency call-offs.
b. Fill open shifts.
c. Accommodate client/family requests.
d. Accommodate caregiver schedules.
e. Have all open shifts for the following day staffed by the end of each day.
f. Update staff with new client information.
2. Brief staff on cases - use of briefing form is mandatory.
3. Ensure staff have completed client specific training for all new cases.
4. Utilize Front Loaded High Touch checklist with each new client.
5. Answer phones with a friendly attitude, check email and phone messages on a routine basis.
6. Manage overtime - limit overtime to emergency situations, keeping staff to a 40-hour work week.
7. Manage back-office system:
a. Maintain schedule.
b. Enter notes in our back-office system regarding updates on clients and staff, document all phone calls and visits.
c. Enter new client information.
9. Create and maintain client files.
10. Schedule supervisory visits; utilize back office system to determine when visits need to occur.
11. Assist designated staff with unemployment and workers’ compensation claims.
12. On-call duties as assigned.
13. Resolve after-hour scheduling issues.
14. Other duties as assigned.
K*EY P*ERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIS):
1. Staffing all new shifts within 24 hours of the shift start.
2. Staffing all call offs by the start of the shift to ensure the client has proper coverage and the hours are not lost.
3. Staffing shifts for staff vacations within 72 hours of the shift start.
4. Informing clients of any change in staff once the shift has been filled.
5. Record all information within back office system on a daily basis – this includes notes on clients, staff, changes in schedules, etc.
6. Limit overtime to emergency situations, overtime should not exceed 3 percent of total hours biweekly and ideally is zero hours.
7. Communication with the on-call scheduler by 8 a.m. and by 5 p.m. to exchange information and ensure a smooth handoff of scheduling duties.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- scheduling: 1 year (Preferred)
- medical office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule