The Administrative Assistant will be the supportive force that empowers our Team, with a primary responsibility of supporting the Senior Manager of Corporate Affairs at Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a subsidiary of the publicly-traded Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW).
The ideal person for the job will be a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail. This individual should have previous experience working in an office environment, performing administrative duties, and providing support to management. Given the changing nature of the executive landscape, we rely on our assistants for flexibility and foresight, while maintaining confidences related to high-level systems and operations. This position is part-time, approximately 24 hours per week. There is a possibility for full-time in the future.
Objectives of this Role:
- Provide support to the Executive Team as directed to ensure that company goals and objectives are accomplished, and operations run efficiently
- Assist with communication between employees, liaising with internal and external management on various projects and tasks
- Plan and orchestrate work to ensure that priorities are met, organizational goals are achieved, and best practices are upheld
- Answer incoming calls to the company’s main phone line
- Manage professional and personal scheduling for Executives, including agendas, mail, email, calls, travel arrangements, client management, and other company logistics
- Coordinate complex scheduling and extensive calendar management, as well as management of content and flow of information to senior executives
- Manage, coordinate, and arrange Executives’ travel and travel-related activities, including hotel booking, transportation, and meal coordination
- Perform administrative and office support, such as typing, dictation, spreadsheet creation, faxing, and maintenance of filing system and contact database
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality with all materials, and exercise discretion when interfacing with the business
- Assist in logistics in the Canton area as it relates to support to the business team
- Organize team communications and plan events, both internally and offsite
- Other duties as assigned
- Vision and Strategic Thinking: Addresses issues preemptively, thinks strategically, and anticipates needs and priorities.
- Entrepreneurship: Champions innovation and encourages new ideas. Builds momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently. Acts decisively. Helps others to successfully manage organizational change. Recognizes successes and informed risk-taking.
- Integrity: Is ethical and honest in all dealings. Keeps confidences and is highly responsible in managing strictly confidential information. Treats others fairly and equitably. Delivers what is promised. Is respected by others.
- Accountability for Results: Sets goals and high standards to accomplish these goals. Follows through on all commitments. Has a sense of direction and keeps focused, but knows when to be flexible and adapts accordingly. Maintains a positive attitude despite stress, frustration and ambiguity; recovers quickly from disappointments and setbacks. Questions how things were done in order to develop ways to do things more efficiently. Encourages diverse thought and welcomes contributions.
- Relationship Management/Collaboration: Builds, maintains, and values positive relationships inside and outside the organization. Allocates effort to understanding and meeting needs of customers and targeted prospects, The NFL, Pro Football Hall of Famers, and community leaders. Assists others in accomplishing their goals. Communicates effectively and speaks and writes clearly. Listens and values contributions of others.
- Learning Agility: Learns technology, new systems, and processes to improve job proficiency. Inspires and encourages others to learn and grow in their careers.
- Coaching and Development: Encourages and inspires others’ development and growth while also working to improve themselves. Conveys high expectations both of themselves and for others. Regularly provides helpful guidance and advice and appreciates the opportunity to grow when receiving the same.
- Execution: Ability to take plans and successfully execute against them.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Desired Qualifications:
- 2 years’ experience in administrative role
- Consistent performance exhibiting a high level of initiative, sense of urgency, extreme attention to detail, quick learning capability, common sense, and ability to problem-solve
- Excellent communication skills including polished written and verbal communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office—Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are a must—and comfortable with learning new technology platforms
- Proactive/self-starter with the ability to work effectively and remain organized in a high volume and fast-paced environment
- Strong time-management skills as well as the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and coordinate multiple projects at once
- Ability to work both independently and as a flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done in a dynamic small-office environment; adaptable and enjoys a challenge
- Ability to keep company confidences
- Must be available to work in Canton, OH
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $11.50 - $12.00 per hour
We have a comprehensive Infectious Disease Policy in place including thorough cleaning measures.
- Microsoft Office: 5 years (Preferred)
- Administrative: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Canton, OH 44718 (Required)
Company's Facebook page: