St. Vincent’s HealthCare, part of Ascension, is a faith-based, not-for-profit health system that has served the people of Jacksonville, Florida and the surrounding communities since 1873. From its humble beginning to its current status as a regional healthcare system, St. Vincent’s HealthCare is widely recognized for delivering personalized, compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech.
The Claims Processing Assistant prepares and issues bills for reimbursement to individual and third party payers in an out-patient or medical office environment.
- Prepares insurance claims for submission to third party payers and/or responsible parties.
- Reviews claims for accuracy, including proper diagnosis and procedure codes.
- Reviews claim rejections and communicates with payers to resolve billing issues.
- Prepares and reviews routine billing reports. Recommends process improvements based on findings.
- Responds to complex telephone and written inquiries from patients and/or third party payers and physician practices.
- High School Education or equivalent required Associate's degree or Technical degree in a related field, or combination of High School degree and related experience preferred
How To Apply
- 2 Years Preferred Technical Experience.
Applicants may proceed by clicking the "Apply Now" button. To apply later, return to the Employment page at www.jaxhealth.com
In addition, you may apply via one of our Employment Kiosks in the following locations:
St. Vincent's Medical Center Riverside, adjacent to Human Resources Employment and Employee Relations, Suite 1102 located at 1 Shircliff Way, Jacksonville, FL 32204 or at St. Vincent's Medical Center Southside in Human Resources, Suite 220 located in the Roger Main Building, 2nd floor, 4203 Belfort Road, Jacksonville, FL 32216
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to individuals hired, including PRN, part-time and temporary employees and students.
Additionally, St Vincent's Healthcare is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is a web based program administered by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, USCIS Verification Division, and the Social Security Administration that supplements the current I-9 eligibility verification process. The program determines whether the information provided by the new hire matches government records and whether the new hire is authorized to work in the United States.