Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As the only full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic and Minimally Invasive Surgery Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital.
The Admin Director Surgical Services Department has a strategic focus to provide outstanding patient service, grow the service line, develop leadership, and manage resources. They are responsible for maintaining strong physician and administration relationships. They are able to function at a high level business acumen.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the patient experience agenda in Surgical Services.
- Coaches immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
- Utilizes talent review data for pipeline development.
- Fosters strategic career advancement for perioperative services leaders.
- Sets strategic vision and goals for departments.
- Defines standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Is responsible for department’s operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Promotes cooperation/collaboration with other departments, medical staff, auxiliary, and community agencies to facilitate optimum patient care.
- Seeks new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
- Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
- Promotes service line growth through building strategic relationships with medical staff and medical staff office.
- Strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients, staff and payers in the community they serve
Supports HCA by:
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
- Develops and builds strategic external networks.
- Partners with Physicians and Provider Relations team to grow and sustain business.
- Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
- Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- Performing other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Master’s degree Nursing or Administration Required
- 3+ years of experience in leadership role
- 3+ years of experience in of experience in surgical services
Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities, Behaviors:
- Currently licensed or eligible as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation. Required
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) Preferred
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) Preferred
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.