WBMD) is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status Responsibilities
WebMD is the leading provider of health information services to consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals, mobile platforms and health-focused publications. Headquartered in New York, WebMD maintains a satellite office in New Jersey to house a small group of its Finance professionals, including the corporate tax team. For the successful candidate, the Staff Tax Accountant position offers exposure into all aspects of corporate tax accounting and compliance, as well as the ability to be an integral part of WebMD’s tax team.
- Preparation of the US federal consolidated corporate income tax return using OneSource Income Tax software
- Preparation of workpapers and documentation to support items of income and deduction on the corporate tax return, including, but not limited to, depreciation and amortization
- Preparation of annual reports, sales and use tax returns, and other miscellaneous tax filings Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required, preference in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of public/private tax and/or accounting experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently irrespective of deadlines and competing priorities
- Desire to take initiative and work independently, while seeking appropriate guidance
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to communicate openly with all levels of employees on a variety of matters both written and verbal
- Strong MS Excel skills required
- Experience with tax return prep software preferred, OneSource Income Tax software experience a plus
- MS in Taxation and/or CPA a plus