Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Porter / Yard Worker
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
- Work in a challenging, fast-paced environment where no day is the same
- Advance into mechanic, driver or customer service roles
- Work with an incredible team of people in a safety-focused culture
Sunbelt Rentals-the fastest growing rental business in North America-is seeking a Porter / Yard Worker.
The Yard Associate is responsible for the stationing and retrieving equipment on the location's property. The role maintains a written maintenance schedule and may service equipment as necessary to ensure equipment meets all set specifications. The Yard Associate also inspects equipment prior to and after rental to document any lost and/or damaged equipment.
Education or experience that prepares you for success:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Experience with common construction and industrial tools preferred
- Some experience and/or training in repair of mechanical equipment preferred
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities you may rely on
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers (written and oral)
- Ability to perform basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc)
- General mechanical aptitude
- Bilingual (Spanish or Other) may be required based on location needs
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws. Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
Related experience may include:
Porter Hostler, Yard Hand, Yard Jockey, Yard Spotter, Entry Level Mechanic, Mechanic Trainee, Construction Laborer, Washbay Attendant, Equipment Washer, Forklift Driver, Warehouse Worker
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.