Skylo Technologies is building the most affordable and accessible network to mobilize the world’s machine data. The company is currently in stealth mode, and led by a team of experienced operators from the wireless telecom and enterprise data industry. We have raised our Series A funding and are well capitalized for this stage of the business.
Skylo Technologies is hiring an infrastructure engineer who will be responsible for implementing the network, hardware and software required to enable a virtualized base station and hybrid cloud infrastructure. This will enable Skylo’s customers to onboard and manage connected sensors, and to visualize data transmitted over the network. This is a terrific opportunity for a candidate who wants to make a highly visible impact in the dynamic environment of an early-stage startup focused on a rapidly growing market opportunity.
- Design, own and operate all aspects of our Network Datacenter & Cloud infrastructure across all environments.
- Ensure this infrastructure is highly available for our customers and internal developers.
- Implement continuous delivery systems to enable simpler, faster, and more robust build and release processes
- Automate anything and everything, including yourself.
- 5+ years of Systems Engineering/SRE experience in a large, distributed environment focusing on automation
- Solid understanding of the UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Strong Expertise in Networking (TCP/IP, VPN, DNS, DHCP, SMTP) and related networking infrastructure
- Good Experience with Database administration
- Good to fair understanding of cellular/wireless/telecom control, management, and data transport infrastructure
- Strong programming experience in either Python, Go and/or Ruby on a Unix/Linux platform
- A high degree of organization and be very detail-oriented
- Excellent leadership, verbal, and written communication skills
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer, Engineering or a related technical field
- Fundamental Computer Science knowledge, including experience in applying common algorithms, data structures and design patterns
- Experience with DevOps tools, processes, and culture
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and a proven documentation methodology
- Expert knowledge in Linux system operation, configuration, troubleshooting and automation.
- Experience with diagnosing and troubleshooting server hardware issues
- Experience with VPN and network security infrastructure
- Experience in production monitoring and metrics reporting
- Experience working with cloud-native infrastructure on a public cloud (we're an AWS shop). Experience with Amazon Cloud Products like VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, ELB and Route53.
- Experience with config management tools like Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Saltstack
- Experience with virtualization, hypervisors and containers like VMWare, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with C-RAN/V-RAN implementations would be major plus
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating