SUMMARY: Seeking bookkeeper to perform a variety of bookkeeping and accounting duties including but not limited to financial record keeping and transactions including accounts payable, receivable and general ledger. Desired individual will have experience working in the nonprofit setting, advanced experience with QuickBooks (Online Version), demonstrated professionalism, strong organizational and time management skills, and acute attention to detail. 20 hours per week.
- Nonprofit bookkeeping experience is a plus
- Proficiency in QuickBooks (Online Version)
- Bookkeeping certificate or accounting degree is a plus
- Must understand grant requests, contracts, accounts receivable
- Grant costing and revenue
- Credit card reconciliations
- Financial statements – assisting with audit prep and monthly reporting
- Basic Understanding of GAAP Accounting Principles and audit requirements
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and with Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skill
- Self-starter with the ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Strong mathematical skills
- Understand cutoff and the preparation of General Journal entries
- Ability to work in a team and to interact in a supportive and professional manner
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Able to maintain agency standards of confidentiality
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper classification codes.
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software (QuickBooks online) to record, store, and analyze information.
- Ensures that all expenditures are appropriately categorized.
- Works closely with the CAO and Accounting Manager to ensure billing/coding accuracy for contracts and grants.
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit and program specific audits
- Proactively maintains highly organized filing system.
- Assists in the development and implementation of systems and procedures as needed.
- Assists with special projects or does research as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Chief Administrative Officer.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience with QuickBooks
- Nonprofit agency: 1 year or more is a plus
Associates Degree in Accounting or Business Administration; experience may substitute for education as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
Must have a valid Calif I.D or driver's license
Background and drug-screen
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 to $24.00 /hour
- bookkeeping: 5 years (Required)