Kids Farms is seeking an energetic seasonal Camp Director to oversee all camp operations at our summer camp in Durham/Chapel Hill NC . Are you looking for a job where you can make a positive difference in your community? Do you have excellent leadership skills and are you passionate about working with kids? Our Camp Director position is for someone with excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with children. If you are looking for the opportunity to enhance your skills and make an impact on the youth of today, this could be the job for you! This is a seasonal summer position with a Monday through Friday schedule. If this sounds like the opportunity you've been looking for, please apply today!
Kids Farms is a family-owned camp organization that offers camps at our two North Carolina locations, and has embraced the concept that kids should love what they do, and have the opportunity for experiential, hands-on learning in a farm setting. We love what they do and bring this passion to the workplace each day to help create amazing camp opportunities for children.
Kids Farms Camps has redefined summer camp by creating unique farm based summer enrichment programs. Our kids go hope tires, dirty and full of experiences and stories to share with their families.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A CAMP DIRECTOR
As an On-Site Director, you start each day ready to make a positive difference in the lives of your campers. You ensure the safe operation and instruction of all camp activities. You supervise and manage all instructors, campers, and CITs at our camp
By leading daily staff meetings, managing sign-in and pick-up procedures, and following policies and procedures outlined in our handbook, you ensure that each day runs smoothly for all campers and their families. Kids Farms relies on you to be a positive role model for campers and staff. Your upbeat and positive attitude along with your professionalism ensure your success as a Camp Director.
Kids Farms is hiring motivated leaders with prior experience supervising children and adults who believe in our mission, build positive relationships and ensure the well-being of others.
- Bachelor's Degree recommended, 2 years highly relevant experience required
- Comfortable with technology and willingness to complete training prior to the start of summer
- Must have experience working with children
- Camp experience preferred
- Willingness to perform all job duties with enthusiasm and a positive outlook
- CPR certification and First Aid training must be completed prior to the start of summer
Physically able to be on their feet for up to 8 hours at a time, walk distances of up to one mile over varying terrains, be able to lift 25 pounds, and work outside in heat and humidity.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that this position would be a great fit for you, please contact us so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
For more information on our summer camps and locations, please visit KidsFarms.com
A Director Is Responsible For
What will you do all summer (in addition to having fun with your campers and fellow team members).
- Supervising campers [ages three (3) to fifteen (15)]
- Actively participating in all camp activities
- Providing a safe and fun learning environment and serving as a positive role model
- Perform group supervision of campers with attention to: behavior and group management, health and safety, security and skill development
- Manage and develop team members; administer mid and end of summer staff evaluations
- Monitor the organization, supervision and administration of all activities and assemblies
- Ensure the safety and security of all campers and team members
- Run morning briefings daily with team and participate in leadership meetings
- Coordinate and communicate daily schedules
- Oversee morning and afternoon club OT/extended day activities
- Interface with camp parents/guardians through written and verbal communication and via registration software
- Conduct tours of the camp facilities and program areas to prospective camp families as needed
- Assist and support the Site Director in camp operations and activities
- Attend all Camp events and facilitate trainings as necessary
- Complete paperwork as assigned and manage enrollment via our registration software.
- Exhibit Kids Farms core values at all times and to adhere to all company policies
- Have fun!
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Work effectively with others in all levels of the organization in a professional manner
- Demonstrate outstanding communication skills; using clear, concise and professional language when interacting with campers, camp families and colleagues
- Be responsible, reliable and safe
- Always have a positive, can-do attitude
- Be patient, caring and creative
- Produce consistent, high-quality work
- Demonstrate excellent judgment; identify problems and work quickly to find solutions
- Be a flexible, adaptive and a team player
- Desire to make a difference in the life of a child
- Previous experience working with children in a supervisory capacity
- Prior staff supervision experience
- Performance management and facilitation experience
- Desire to work with and engage with animals, - Interest in informal science discovery
- Possess physical capacity to fulfill all Essential Job Functions – Responsibilities listed above
- Fun, creative, committed and organized with an EYE for detail
WHAT YOU’LL DO AT CAMP
- Enthusiastically guide pre-K to 5th grade campers as they embark on innovative art, science, and outdoor play adventures.
- Make every moment count by filling transition times with games and jokes, utilizing each opportunity to make your team feel special.
- Create a safe, fearless and engaging learning environment for all campers.
- Share the magic of camp with families while providing excellent customer service.
WHAT WE’LL DO TOGETHER
- Work hard. We can’t make the world a better place by sitting around.
- Days are long and full. And worth it.
- Play hard. It’s like ‘bring your inner child to work’ day. All summer long.
- Stretch ourselves, exhibiting silly-putty-like flexibility.
- Whatever it takes. Being a Kids Farms leader means doing whatever needs to be done, whenever it needs doing.
- Reflect on our experiences every day, becoming even better versions of our best selves.
Salary to $ 800-1000 week based on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $700.00 to $1,000.00 /week
- Performance Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- child related: 1 year (Preferred)
- Leadership: 1 year (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Required)