Desktop Support Specialist REQ# 180000C3
The Desktop Support Specialist will identify and correct a wide variety of hardware and software problems through discussions with PC end users, application developers, network administrators or software systems engineering. Resolution is expected to be timely and have as minimal impact to the end user as possible. The resolution should also include preventative measures to reduce reoccurrence. The Desktop Support Specialist will perform the accountabilities detailed below and other duties as assigned. The primary job function of the Desktop Support Specialist is desktop support (hardware and software) and end user assistance (local and remote)
Colleague Support and Interaction Key Actions/Activities - 40%
- Respond quickly and professionally to employee calls and/or tickets. Troubleshoot and correct software and hardware problems.
- Own issue resolution from start to finish by monitoring unresolved issues and requests to ensure prompt resolution within our defined SLAs.
- Communicate clearly with each customer to ensure their understanding of next steps and likely resolution time-frames.
- Ensure that every customer is highly satisfied with the support received.
- Replace Datacard issued colleague PC’s as assigned based on a provided schedule.
Issue Troubleshooting Key Actions/Activities - 40%
- Resolve computer hardware and software related issues through in-depth troubleshooting and technical assistance.
- Troubleshoot and correct problems with typical desktop applications such as Microsoft Office, Windows 7/8.1/10, VPN and account lockouts.
- Troubleshoot remote access issues.
Ongoing Maintenance Key Actions/Key Activities - 20%
- Install and configure hardware and software for end users ensuring compatibility with existing equipment and applications.
- Roll out new applications & operating systems. Upgrade hardware/software as necessary.
- Work with vendors to ensure equipment and applications are repaired and upgraded.
- Install/configure local and network printers.
- Remove and reformat end of life PC’s for return to inventory.
- Accurately maintain databases used for managing hardware, software and support.
- Assist with management, maintenance and final disposal of equipment
- 3-5 years of experience in Desktop Support or Customer Service
- 3-5 years of experience supporting the following in a network environment: MS Windows, Active Directory, MS Office.
- Experience in imaging, software deployment and patching using SCCM
- Ability to assist users with basic hardware and software problems (i.e., Oracle, MS Outlook, Client Applications, Browsers, VPN, etc.) and product configurations within desktop PC’s, laptops, printers and monitors.
- The ability to multitask and to work well within a team environment while keeping the customers’ needs as a priority at all times.
- Excellent customer service skills
- B.S. Degree in computer science, information systems, or business
- Superior customer service skills
- Experience doing complete desktop builds, repairs and working with common diagnostic tools to identify and resolve problems for end users
- Ability to differentiate between errors caused by hardware, software, desktop errors, server errors and misunderstanding of usage
- TCP/IP and networking fundamentals, LAN and networking troubleshooting.
- Experience supporting mobile OSes and devices (Android and iOS).
- Familiarity with incident/ticketing systems for tracking Service Desk tickets
- Experience supporting Audio Visual or conference room technology
- A+, Network+, MCDST or HDI certifications are all a plus.
- AA or BS in related technical discipline preferred.
Our growing company relies on curious, dedicated and innovative colleagues to anticipate the future and provide solutions for a more connected, mobile and secure world. Entrust Datacard technologies and expertise help government agencies, enterprises and financial institutions in more than 150 countries serve and safeguard citizens, employees and consumers. Each year, our solutions secure billions of transactions — and every day, our technologies issue and manage more than 10 million secure identities. How do we do all of this? Together.
Join us. Together we’ll create solutions for a more connected, mobile and secure life.
For more information, visit www.entrustdatacard.com. Follow us on Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Entrust Datacard Corporation is an EOE/AA/Veteran/People with Disabilities employer.
NO AGENCIES, NO RELOCATION