We at Fashion Nova believe the customer is the Star. The Stars who rock out styles are adventurous, inspirational and badass. We strive to provide awesome service, unbeatable prices and the hottest trends. Our company is based in the heart of Downtown Los Angeles and has five retail locations in Southern California. We ship globally to #NovaBabes around the world. We are always on the lookout for amazing talent and the next up and coming Nova Star to join the team.
About the Role
Our Buying team is at the fore-front of innovation and style, ensuring our #NovaBabes have access to the hottest new styles and trends available. You will be responsible for keeping up a reputation in the fashion world that is second to none, by bringing it every day.
In general, you will know your category and customer demographic, picking strong and innovative selections of product styles. You will utilize your skillset by using shopping patterns, past purchases, and other information to support the purchase and merchandising strategies of Fashion Nova to stay ahead of the competition. You will partner with a large and collaborative team across Fashion Nova to drive sales, margins and other targets as defined.
What You'll Do
- Understand desires, needs, wants, experience, and expectations of our Nova Babes.
- Ensure you fully understand the competitive landscape of other companies in the marketplace.
- Participate in the development of plans to align to seasonal buying decisions and product purchases.
- Become an expert in customer purchasing trends and behaviors.
- Work closely with vendors to identify and select items, and drive decisions.
- Partner with the rest of the buying team and other Fashion Nova team members to partner with new suppliers to bring the best products to our Nova Babes.
- Drive exclusivity with vendors in products, terms, pricing, vendor-funded-markdowns, etc.
- Teach, coach and motivate Junior Buyers to become STARS in product selection, and assist in professional growth of the team.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Merchandising or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience as a fashion Buyer
- Strong negotiation and vendor relationship management skills
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills required
- Multi-lingual (Korean, French, Spanish, Italian, etc…) abilities is a plus!
What's Cool About Us
- Amazing employee discount program
- Catered lunches every Monday
- Need a break??? Play foosball or shoot some hoops in our break area
- Celebrate every milestone we hit on Instagram with good food and music
- Company sponsored Medical (HSA, HMO, PPO), Dental (DMO & DPO), Vision, Company Paid Life Insurance & Voluntary Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan