Pace Academy, one of Atlanta's top independent schools, seeks a highly energetic
individual as a part time worker in the after school program, Knight Crew. The program
has doubled in size over the past 5 years and the school is looking for a positive,
enthusiastic individual to join the other members of the Team, supervising children in the
after school program between 1:30-6:00 p.m. daily according to the school year calendar.
The ideal candidate will bring a strong sense of humor, initiative, flexibility, and love
engaging young minds. The ability to be punctual, self-motivated, and commit to the
work schedule is essential.
Duties and responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Organizes and participates in games, reading, craft projects and similar activities.
- Engages and leads children through the daily flow of activities which include but
are not exclusive of homework, computer, crafts, playground and snack time.
- Respectfully handles conflicts and discipline in line with Pace values.
- Helps children develop habits of caring for own clothing, and picking up and
putting away materials and books.
- Greets parents each afternoon and provides positive feedback.
- Monitors and assists with homework.
- Assists in cleaning activity areas.
- Available to stay past 6pm (if needed) at least but not limited to two times a week.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent desired.
Two to four years related experience and/or training desired.
Basic knowledge of first aid required.
Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds required.
Starting salary is between $18.00 and $20.00 per hour.
Qualified applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and references to
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer