Data Analyst/ Tableau Developer
Duties typically include providing leadership & insights, developing analytical strategies, performing analytical support and/or modeling regarding a wide array of business initiatives. This job may require application of analytical, statistical modeling, and forecasting methods. This position will leverage Tableau, SQL Server (SSRS, T-SQL, etc.) and/or Excel to develop and maintain Business Intelligence dashboards & reporting, automate metrics calculations from available source data, and provide ad-hoc analytics with focus on EIT objectives, based on business requirements and in partnership with stakeholders. This position may lead projects/virtual teams and mentor lower level staff. Experience in a finance services is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual team environment
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to research, compile, and present critical operational data in executive summaries
- Ability to research, analyze, document, and present organizational metrics that drive business decisions
- Knowledge and understanding of business intelligence tools
- Strong drive with a sense of ownership of reporting and analytics from end to end including a constant drive to learn business and technical drivers, how these impact data and insights, the ability to tie these insights together with limited direction, ability to document and share this knowledge with peers, and ability to clearly determine the story and communicate it to senior executives.
- Demonstrated ability to aggregate, analyze, and present large amounts of structured and unstructured data to senior executives in an accurate, traceable, and timely fashion.
- 3+ Years of progressive experience with three or more of the following technologies Tableau, SSRS, Base SAS, R, T-SQL, PL/SQL, SSIS, VB.NET, Abinitio, Qlikview, Power BI, or Power Pivot with a focus on metric creation, analytics, and visually presenting insights generated from large data sets to internal and external audiences including narrative creation and full understanding of the data and story being presented.
- 4+ years:
- Development of enhanced BI visualizations using Tableau, SSRS, and other data visualization technologies
- Design and development of SSAS Cubes, MDX Queries (OLAP), Tabular Models
- Development of enhanced BI visualizations using Tableau applying up to date best practices.
- Experience using other solutions such as Qlikview, Power BI, Power Pivot, etc.
- Development with reporting/statistical technologies (SSRS, R, SAS, etc.)
- Development experience (T-SQL, SQL Server 2008/2014/2016, SSIS, Hadoop, Apache Hive, Aqua Studio)
- years of experience creating pivot tables and performing data analysis in Excel
- Ability to diagnose and correct performance problems
- This position requires effective communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact and collaborate with other IT teams including application development, System Engineers, Architect, security & compliance and project management office as well as business customers, auditors, risk, executives, and external vendors
- Demonstrates initiative in taking on additional responsibilities when needed.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency in completing tasks and resolving issues in order to deliver a quality project on time and within budget.
- A solid individual contributor & proven leader (managing less advanced team members as well as managing an overall project life cycle), and cooperative team player.
- Utilizes proactive and creative approaches to meeting client needs and improving levels of service where possible
- MCSE, MCSD, BASESAS, or Tableau Certified is a plus
- Ability to work on call as assigned
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled