Full-time$40,000 - $60,000 a year
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Professional Development Assistance
- Vision Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Microsoft Word
- Root Cause Analysis
- Safe Quality Food Certification
- Driver's License
- Bachelor's Degree
Full Job Description
Responsible for implementing methods to ensure the production of quality and safe foods. Also responsible for maintaining regulatory, certification, and customer compliance. This position manages and oversees the facility’s Food Safety Programs, Quality Management Systems, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs)and in-house laboratory. All with the continued goal of providing the highest quality product for consumers.
- Performing as Designated SQF Practitioner, HACCP Manager, and Preventative Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI)
- Creating, modifying, implementing and maintaining the Food Safety Program in accordance with FDA, FSMA, SQF, and internal standards.
- Ensure GMPs, sanitary operating conditions and sanitary practices are followed and enforced
- Verification and validation of critical and preventative controls. Also conducting root cause analysis and corrective actions in response to non-conformances.
- Managing all product and facility certification programs, renewing when applicable
- Ensuring facility operation and product manufacturing and processes are done in accordance with all applicable federal and state regulations and certifying bodies
- Administering and directing raw material and finished product testing and review for Hold/Release and generating COAs.
- Directs production area and food contact sanitation and SSOPs and maintains the environmental monitoring program.
- Oversight of the in-house laboratory
- Serves on Project Team and includes roles in ingredient and supplier approval, label compliance and review, and development of specifications.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending classes, workshops etc.
- Managing QA/FS team and working along with Sales, Operations, and Supply Chain teams to successfully reach company benchmarks and goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Biology or related field
- HACCP, PCQI, SQF, or relevant Food Safety training and certification
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Relevant combination of training and education deemed appropriate to carry out duties as determined by senior management
- Must be able to work at a computer for long periods of time
- Must be able to perform the job duties of all department employees
- Must be able to stand/walk climb ladders etc. for prolonged periods
- Must be able to lift and carry 25lbs
- Some travel will be required must have a driver’s license or the ability to get one.
- Must have the ability to answer phone calls. Some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- 12 hour shift
Company's Facebook page: