A PCB Designer job in Costa Mesa, CA is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible for performing schematic capture, symbol & footprint creation, component placement, connections, netlist and BOM generation using Orcad Capture CIS/CIP. To be considered for this role, you will have a minimum of 5 years of PCB layout experience in an Aerospace, Automotive, or Medical Device new product development (NPD) environment. This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
PCB Designer Job duties:
- Generate PCB layout, component placement using Cadence Allegro PCB Editor.
- Generate all Fab and Assembly packages including Gerbers, CAD fab & assembly drawings and BOMs.
- Interface with EE and ME staff for design development using IDF export and solving board level related issues.
- Perform reverse engineering for PCB layouts on legacy designs with limited sources of input.
- Generate Enovia release documentation packages for review and approval routes.
- Advanced experience using Cadence Orcad Capture CIS/CIP, Allegro PCB Editor required.
- Strong knowledge of multilayer PCB fabrication techniques per IPC standards.
- Strong knowledge in component placement for EMI and transient protection.
- Knowledge of Enovia or similar PLM release systems.
If you are interested in this PCB Designer job in Costa Mesa, CA, please apply via the “apply now” link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services—from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.