Work Unit Description
Work Schedule, Hours, FTE, Salary Range
: 1.0, Full Time.
: To be Determined.
: Commensurate with Experience.
: Portland, OR (South Waterfront).
Functions/Duties of Position
This position is a member of the Computational Biology Program. Support OHSU investigators in the conduct of original research in service to OHSUs mission to improve human health, building and leveraging platform based tools and biological understanding while working in a team oriented data processing, data analysis and software development environment, working with high-dimensional data (omic, imaging, phenotypic), following best practices such as literature currency, tool benchmarking and code sharing through GitHub. Duties include teamwork, client interaction, cross-core collaboration, requirements gathering, data management, pipeline building, shared tool development, custom analysis with data modeling and machine learning, and contributions to manuscripts and grant applications.
- Masters degree with major courses in field of research. Additional experience in lieu of degree may be considered
- 3 years experience
- Demonstrated excellence in research related to genomic analysis, machine learning, or image analysis, including experience with next-gen sequencing or medical imaging
- Advanced skills in a high level programming language, preferably Python or R, preferably in Linux or Unix, optionally with Java or C/C++
- An understanding of machine learning, data modeling or statistical techniques, such as mixed-model regression, principal component analysis, classifier construction and validation, biomarker discovery and optimization methods
- Experience using structured engineering methods for specifying, designing, and implementing systems
- Experience with architecture and tools for managing omics data OR imaging data
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks at one time
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team while being collaborative in resolving problems
- A desire to change the world and contribute to the elimination of human disease
- Masters degree with major courses in relevant field or postgraduate degree
- 7+ years of work experience as a computational biologist, bioinformatician, biostatisticial, cheminformatician or other data science analyst or biological researcher. Two years team science experience in a collaborative research environment. One year of hands-on experience with generation and analysis of omic or imaging data.
- At least 3 years work experience in a professional, team-oriented computational biology environment
- High performance computing experience
- A passion for open-access innovation
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
How To Apply
Referral Bonus Eligible
Referral Bonus Amount