Hospitalist Position Available for Board-Certified or Residency-Trained Internal Medicine Physician
- SJMC is financially strong and growing responsibly to meet the needs of the service area.
- Led by a respected administrative staff, the 48-bed hospital is the regional medical hub for western Wyoming. SJMC is a Level 3 Trauma Center and has a strong hospitalist program. Radiology services include CT, MRI, breast imaging center, and nuclear medicine.
- SJMC is located in beautiful Jackson, WY, a recreational paradise and the gateway to Yellowstone and Grand Teton national parks.
- Competitive compensation, paid CMEs, relocation expenses, full benefits, and retirement plans.
The Physician Hospitalist will: (i) engage in the provision of Professional Medical Services; (ii) provide consulting physician services as applicable and incident to patient care by providing medical direction to those individuals that may require supervision while rendering direct patient care, including nurse practitioners and/or physician assistants; and (iii) perform such other duties and services related to the provision of Professional Medical Services.
Physician is expected to perform as part of a team of physicians who will together cover Hospitalist duties twenty-four (24) hours per day seven (7) days per week as coordinated by the Lead Hospitalist.
Physician's medical services will be provided principally at the Hospital's main campus located in Teton County, Wyoming, but may also include other location(s) from time to time. Physician shall participate in the development and active utilization of evidence-based protocols, accept applicable Medical Staff Committee assignments, and advance patient satisfaction initiatives.
Full-time position. Scheduled for fourteen 12-hour shifts/month, roughly split between days and nights. Equal distribution of holiday and weekend coverage among the group.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Possess or be eligible to posses and maintain a valid and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Wyoming, M.D. or D.O.
- Board Certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
- 2+ years of Hospitalist experience.
- Possess and maintain in good standing an appropriate category of medical staff privileges at the Hospital.
- Hold and maintain valid certificates of registration with the federal Drug Enforcement Administration and the Wyoming Board of Pharmacy to dispense and administer controlled substances.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within specialty field and proficiency in operating a personal computer. Demonstrated leadership, teaching, evaluation and communication. Demonstrated ability to influence/motivate others at all professional and administrative levels. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common journals, reports, and documents. Ability to effectively present information to management and groups of people.
Job Type: Full-time