At SAC Wireless, it's our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technology services. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the country choose SAC as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join SAC and help shape our future while creating yours.
SAC designs, builds and maintains end-to-end network infrastructure for telecommunications, enterprise and public sector customers. An industry leader with highly trained and certified professionals providing best-in- class network solutions and services.
The Project Manager (A&E), will be responsible for the management and execution of a team of A&E Vendor and for a small team responsible for PO’s and financial support for a large scale wireless project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Drives, Manages and Escalates Items to A&E Vendors to ensure all site AE deliverables are ordered and received within the project timeframes and achieve requisite quality standards as specified by the Client
- Executes Project Plan - Regularly Tracks, Analyzes, Projects, Monitors and Measures quality and timeliness of AE Vendor performance, AE Subleads, and AE Project Controls Specialists, ensures projected dates are met and forecasts are up to date, timely receipt of deliverables, and overall Client satisfaction in accordance with the Project Plan and Schedule.
- Proactively Drives, Solutions, Escalates and Resolves high-level, escalated, or extremely complex Architectural and Engineering issues to ensure that Client commitments are met, and that Project stays on schedule.
- Proactively Drives, Solutions, Escalates and Resolves high-level, escalated, or complex Financial lines and Budget Issues with AE Vendor, SSD Team, Finance and Accounting team, AE PC Team, and / or Client. Manages the project’s budget and reports monthly forecasts and earnings to AE Director
- Performs and Manages Gap, Error, and Cycle Time Analyses on AE Vendors, AE Subleads, AE Project Controls, and other departments to increase production and efficiencies throughout life cycle of all projects.
- Set performance goals for the team which are aggressive, achievable and tied to both project and long-term ER goals
- Manage Multiple AE Projects and teams of AE Vendors, AE Subleads, and AE Project Controls Specialists, from the beginning to the end of the project's AE cycle.
- Define project scope, schedule, cost, resources, quality, and deliverables in collaboration with Client, A&E Director, Site Development Teams and AE Vendors.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and escalate to AE Director
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track, analyze and project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project reviews and create a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Responsible for development, maintenance and updating AE best practices, project guidelines and tools for project execution and management.
- Regularly interface with and update the Engine Room site development team to communicate project progress and issues.
- Leads, Schedules, and Coordinates Project Kick Off meetings and conference calls with all AE Vendors assigned to each project.
- Manages development of specific "Project Playbook"
- Manages development of project tracking systems
- Successfully resolves all project escalations
- Drives production through effective management both internally and externally
- Leads, facilitates, and attends all escalated internal / external deployment meetings
- Oversees and reviews multiple budgets and associated finances
- Reviews and Approves final deliverables and financial lines as needed
- Leads and attends A&E SAP meetings as needed
- Interviews and On-boards new A&E firms
- Holds team meetings / trainings, creates & distributes directives, etc.
- Regularly evaluates staff work load and coordinates AE Director for adjustments to AE Vendor and Project Control Specialists support staff. Oversees document control and ensures compliance with customer requirements.
- Executes Quality Plan - ensures accuracy of information, documents, deliverables, and forecasts provided to Client.
- Ability to lead a team of 10-20 people
- Ability to work high volume of sites across multiple scopes of work in various markets with multiple AE Vendors
- Strong Interpersonal and Verbal Communication Skills.
- High Level of Organization and Scheduling Abilities.
- MS Office Suite Proficiency
- Microsoft Excel Proficiency.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- High level of personal Ownership
- High Sense of Urgency
- Very Strong logical, organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Efficient and effective time management
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Versatility, flexibility, coachability, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Bachelors degree in Architecture or Engineering required
- 5 years telecommunications industry experience
- Real estate, contract negotiations, zoning and permitting experience strongly encouraged
- Full benefit package includes paid time off, medical insurance, company-paid life insurance, 401K plan, and opportunities for advancement.
- Employment is dependent on the successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Sit for prolonged periods.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports
- Calculate figures and amounts
- Travel may be required but limited
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Signing bonus