Helix Electric, Inc. is one of the most successful open-shop electrical contracting companies in the nation. Helix Electric has expertise with projects in virtually every field of electrical construction - design/build services, industrial, commercial, mixed use/multi-family developments as well as government, institutional, communications and utilities projects. Helix Electric possesses world-class technical experts who maintain vital, long-term relationships and a high level of credibility with the general contractors, utility and power user customers we serve. We have a strong reputation and extensive network of customer relationships and have consistently provided new, cutting-edge product innovations.
To better support complex projects, Helix Electric has need for a General Laborer. The successful candidate will be part of a production driven team, performing general labor tasks
DUTIES & SCOPE:
- Prepare work area for installation of various equipment.
- Keep work area clean.
- Using tools such as brooms, digging equipment, hand tools etc... to complete assigned tasks.
- Operates equipment only if trained and certified to operate. (Note: Powder activated tools, and JLG lifts and other operations that may require certification and training before operating).
- Perform tasks in a professional manner.
- Secure and lock up equipment after use.
- Advise immediate supervisor of any safety or job-related problems
- Work from all type ladders (step ladders up to 14', "A" frame ladders and all size extension ladders and carry and relocate up to 12' step ladder by oneself.
- Able to work 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, and overtime as required and night shifts. Overtime may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain, snow.
- Wear personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, and gloves always), respirator when required.
- Able to work 8-10 hours per day, 40 hours per week, overtime, and night shifts as required.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, including crawling, standing, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting, reaching, able to routinely lift heavy objects in excess of 50 pounds and pushing and pulling of objects is required.
- Repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers.
- Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of the job.
- A Full-Time Stable Career Opportunity offering Competitive wages
- 100% Employer paid Medical & Dental with Vision options available.
- Life and AD&D coverage 100% employer paid with buy up options
- Rich 401K Employer Match with aggressive vesting schedule
- Vacation, Sick Pay & Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Additional Voluntary benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)